• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you like to work in SW Florida? CFI Wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If a CFI has those times already, they are either at a regional or will be soon. There will be shortage of not only pilots soon, but of CFI's. The only way to attract applicants is to pay them well. Soon, employers will be on the other side of the pendulum. It's about time.

I was told by a CFI today that many are not in a hurry to apply to the regional because some are grossing over 50k a year. This guy worsk at a school with 20 instructors that all have the required time for most regionals. He said it blows his mind when they sit around and talk and no one has any motivation on applying right now. I guess with all these foreingers a CFI can easily make $150-200 a day. He said they are all foreigners and no Americans are flying. It only time before this shortage becomes dire with no American students to keep feeding the regional mill.

I had it wrong, I was under the impression CFI wanted out as fast as they can but this is telling an opposite story.

Well... flying does pay crap but at least the industry is unstable!

3 year cfi's still exist??? Under age 50? Wow! Gotta love them chandelles and Steep turns.... A Lot!

Preview to a pilot/cfi shortage? One can only hope for all our benefit. I need to make up for that 15k/year Chief CFI salary back in 2001 when I worked 12 hours a day for poverty wages while teaching folks how to fly planes. My freaking plumber makes $90/hr for replacing well tanks!!! Huge problem in this industry that has needed an overhaul for years!!! Time to turn the tables for once.

Latest resources

Back