Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you leave a good regional for NetJets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as all this- would you leave this for that, and that for this BullS***, I would never, ever leave NJ for a US major. after December 7th, 2008, leaving NJ for CO, UA or SW would be a lateral move/ a side step in my opinion.

There is nothing "Lateral" about it.. it is a DOWNGRADE... Until you have experienced life as a 121 airline pilot and a netjets pilot you wont understand that working for an airline can not hold a candle to working for NJ...

What is the current upgrade time at NJ.

who cares....You can make more at NJA as a 5 yr f/o than a 5 yr capt at any regional..Guys its about money and days off.(thats it) Is your ego so big you have to sit in the left seat..Those guys usually are the guys in charge of contract neg.

there has always got to be some smart&!&% on these posts. Grow up! Yes, his initials are JF. From what I hearing, I think I will jump ship from a "Good Regional", for you F-sticks out there. oxymoron this....

No need to take it personally bud. You asked, he provided his opinion,.

I happen to agree with his opinion. I do not consider any regional job "good"

I consider Major 121 positions as possible neutral options so long as the name doesn't begin with US AIR and at any other US Carrier my hire date was pre 1980.

Too much turmoil and uncertainty in the 121 biz these days to take my family on that ride. Far too much uncertainty to sit back and learn about what's next in my life by reading USA Today or watching Robin and Co on CNN Headline News.

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE Robin.

Given the choice, I'll take the stable certainty of the now vs the hurricane we once referred to as "the show" at Brand X, Y or Z.

The music is stopping and the chairs are getting yanked. I'd look to land here if I were on the outside looking in today.

We will...just give it time. I'd say that in the next five years, we'll see salaries very similar to (if not higher than) SW.

I don't think so. I bet all the majors will jump their pay in the long run. Once a owner realizes they pay a beech jet driver 150k he will cancel his contract, and find some corp pilots to run his own jet for less. I am just worried about Day Jet taking over.

I don't think so. I bet all the majors will jump their pay in the long run. Once a owner realizes they pay a beech jet driver 150k he will cancel his contract, and find some corp pilots to run his own jet for less. I am just worried about Day Jet taking over.
I fly an owner who brings his own Flight Attendant ... The F/A told me his pay is $150K.

"The F/A told me his pay is $150K."

Yeah, but what sort of "service" is required for that amount of coin??? Things that make me go Hmmm.

Day Jet is not in competition with the fractionals. The majority of the fractional pax out there wouldn't or couldn't settle for a VLJ that cannot either take their luggage, have the range, and/ or have the capability to take more than 3 or 4 pax. Day Jet may very well add more customers to the fracs as more people try out private jet travel, like it, and then demand more than a VLJ will give them. I don't know whether or not the fracs will ever pay as much as the top airlines, but they have now become better than most other pilot jobs.

Is this the same owner that pays $5,000 for catering?
Just curious.

because of NJA,corp pilots are now demanding better wages and QOL items.. Most know how much we make, $50k is not going to make an owner question his contract with NJA. THEY ARE NOT GOING BACK TO THE AIRLINES..

No need to take it personally bud. You asked, he provided his opinion,.

I happen to agree with his opinion. I do not consider any regional job "good"

I consider Major 121 positions as possible neutral options so long as the name doesn't begin with US AIR and at any other US Carrier my hire date was pre 1980.

Too much turmoil and uncertainty in the 121 biz these days to take my family on that ride. Far too much uncertainty to sit back and learn about what's next in my life by reading USA Today or watching Robin and Co on CNN Headline News.

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE Robin.

Given the choice, I'll take the stable certainty of the now vs the hurricane we once referred to as "the show" at Brand X, Y or Z.

The music is stopping and the chairs are getting yanked. I'd look to land here if I were on the outside looking in today.

Thanks for the support Dawg.

Somehow I think I will still be a f---stick. (I'm not sure what that is. Are you???)

If I am a f---stick, what does that make someone like George Bush, or Barry Bonds, or OJ Simpson? ;)

Latest resources

Back