Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would Delta or UAL consider more 747-400s? Buy now for $36M Apiece...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or the 88 717's jobs YOU are giving away. You're yelling over to your Delta neighbor from your back porch telling us our house is on fire. But, you have a lot of smoke coming out of your kitchen.

I'm sorry, we're selling airplanes and replacing them. We aren't outsourcing them to delta so you guys can fly them cheaper-(though I'm sure that would be profitable for us given your rates)

I'm sorry, we're selling airplanes and replacing them. We aren't outsourcing them to delta so you guys can fly them cheaper-(though I'm sure that would be profitable for us given your rates)

Good for you that Herb decided not to operate RJs. You do realize that flying all 135 seat airplanes in a hub/spoke system is necessary to compete with LCCs, right? Where would you have applied to had SWA been flying RJs?

Good for you that Herb decided not to operate RJs. You do realize that flying all 135 seat airplanes in a hub/spoke system is necessary to compete with LCCs, right? Where would you have applied to had SWA been flying RJs?

Uh, why SWA of course, he elected to outsource himself. Remember?

Or maybe I pursued Swa because they don't outsource...
Maybe?

As for cpampering with LCC's with 135 seat hub&spoke- I honestly don't get your point-

Wave I love ya. Your airline purchased a company and is using them through 2016 to do some of the most lucrative flying. All at a greatly reduced labor cost. FA, Gate, Ramp, Pilot, etc. A regional by any other name.

Delta guys. I heard on the radio that mainline is taking back Chattanooga with a DC-9. I think this kind of destroys the "mainline can't do regional cities argument". The cost of gate, MX, ramp is too high. I'm also not sure who you guys think is doing the gate, ramp, MX, etc. for DCI. Most stations use Delta people and the rest are outsourced. Vote for your contract for whatever reason but please don't sell me the scope matters line. It doesn't to you and we all know it.

Crash pad- if delta's TA had a plan to get all DCI pilots on one seniority list beginning today and phasing in over 3 years, then that might begin to be analogous.

The TA has a provision to get 35% of all new classes from DCI while shrinking DCI. We are in shades of gray. It used to be black and white.

Which I applaud.

I really do-

I can just imagine the opportunity at mainline if -900's were there as well.

I simply do not get why DALPA would validate outsourced -900's and not fly them themself. It's a f^cking dc-9. A more fuel efficient dc-9.

With their underfunded pension obligations they have 21 billion in debt. They might be trying to shift the debt off their books to reduce debt. I believe a lot of those 50 seaters are owned by delta and leased to subcontractors.

Latest resources

Back