• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Seat (For you commuters)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Worst commute for me was CLE to IAH in April of 2002. It was the end of a solid 14 hour duty day and over 7 hours of flying. Being 6'3'' leg room is important. I got stuck with the middle seat on a 737-500 for 3 1/2 hours. The worst part was the A$$hole in front of me slammed the seat in my knees about 5 minuts after departure, and there it stayed. That flight had to be 6 hours at least!

#1 - DEN to IAD United (I don't know what plane it was or what seat number). Absolutely full airplane. Had a screaming, wailing 6-8 month old with new mother in front of me and a precocious 10-11 year old behind me.

I was more deaf than 8 hours in a DC-3. The kid wailing in front and the kid kicking the seat behind me and constantly fiddling with the tray and getting up and down. Talk about postal.

#2 - The Dornier Jet jumpseat is a perfect "L" shape with extremely thin padding. About 10 minutes in this seat and you would trade anything for one of those steel folding metal chairs that you get at big auditoriums. They should take the engineer that designed that seat and make him sit in it for three hours - that'll teach him!

The absolute worst place to be is front row in a Brasilia. Those big props spinnin inches next to you for hours will leave you def. I was on a flight in southern brasil with no less than 2 stops till my destination for a total of 4 hours. Made me wonder if a bus would have been worth it...

I've also had the opportunity to ride on a bandit, many years ago. Loud!
737-200 isn't far behind either.

Fortunately they substituted the brasilias with ERJs... :rolleyes:

I have a soft spot in my heart for the middle seat middle row on a 10, ya gotta crawl over two people to get up either way. Or any seat when mommy and daddy put put their little bundle of joy behind you, and think its cute when he/she kicks the $hit out of your seat for 4 hours. :)

1. The seat at the gate with the view of the last flight home pushing back.

2. The 2nd JS on the 73-500 right behind the CAs seat. Takes about 3 hours for the circulation to return to the lower extremities.

3. Last row, MD80, right by the "window", with un-synched fans.

ClassG said:
AS much as I love the plane, I have to speak poorly of it for a moment.

Row 9 in the Beech 1900 has three seats across the back. Seat 9B (the only B seat in the place) is samdwiched between two other 16 inch wide seats, with no arm rest at all. There is absolutely no way to avoid full arm and leg contact with your neighbor pax in that seat.

This can really suck when the VCM (AC) is not working on a 90F day and you're 10th in line for takeoff.

Ah! Reminds me of a time we had to deadhead on a 1900 from CAK-CLE. We got the back row. Our very hot FA (were were a 120 crew) sat between us. Ground hold in CAK made her aroused :confused: and she started breathing heavy, rubbing the nape of her neck and breastses with one hand, rubbing my thigh with the other........ Crazy the things you experience in this industry.

Captain X said:
Ah! Reminds me of a time we had to deadhead on a 1900 from CAK-CLE. We got the back row. Our very hot FA (were were a 120 crew) sat between us. Ground hold in CAK made her aroused :confused: and she started breathing heavy, rubbing the nape of her neck and breastses with one hand, rubbing my thigh with the other........ Crazy the things you experience in this industry.

:eek: Who was it, I'll request her next summer!

No such thing as a bad commuter/jumpseat. The problem in that particular place was fat passengers. Unfortunately, it's a problem that's getting worse. Can't wait for the lawsuits to start claiming discrimination towards fat people because the seat are wide enough for the wide-body crowd.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back