• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst President in History?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My big question that never seems to be answered by anybody in the Bush administration. What does the "war on terrorism" and invading Iraq have to do with one another. Contrary to popular wisdom Iraq and 9-11 had nothing to do with each other. Osama Bin Laden and Saddam represent two opposing ideologies and were definintely not collaborating to attack the US. That was Al Queada's agenda not Saddam's. Bin Laden is a fanatical religious zealot and Saddam is a secular dictator. Totally different people with different agendas. Now that we have attacked Iraq and created chaos terrorists are flocking to the country to kill Americans. If we were serious about fighting the war on terrorism we would have focused on Afghanistan and Al queda.

So why did we attack Iraq? Now they say it was just to get rid of a brutal dictator. Is that worth 700 American lives? There are a lot of brutal dictators in the world. Should our country's sons and daughters die liberating these countries too? Now that we are in Iraq we have no choice but to stay, but don't be naieve enough to believe that STARTING that war was part of the war on terror. If we decided to attack Mexico tommorrow I'm sure that terrorists from around the world would head to Mexico to kill American soldiers. That does not mean Mexico is a terrorist country.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Unsubstantiated Opinions

AeroBoy said:
Did we not willingly allow the 9/11 terrorists into our country? Did we not willingly "harbor" them until they attacked on 9/11?
Yeah. Our customs agents read "TERRORIST" stamped across their passports and said, "Come on in, make yourselves at home. Let us know what we can do to make you more comfortable."

To say that we "harbored" terrorists belies your utter ignorance of vocabulary and reality. Try looking in a dictionary and working on the former deficiency; I don't have much hope for the latter.

Right now I think they will get bin ladin about a week befor the voting starts. I think they know where he is. Just waiting untill a few weeks before the voting starts. Then Bush will get alot of votes. Its going to be my first time voting (18 on the 21). I cant wait. I just hope Howard Stern doesnt get fired because of bush. Hope this doesnt start a flame war

Stern got fired last week when the half million dollar fine got put on paper.

Re: Re: Re: Unsubstantiated Opinions

TonyC said:
Yeah. Our customs agents read "TERRORIST" stamped across their passports...

Actually, all INS had to do was a simple background check before letting these people into our country. Am I asking for too much here??

To say that we "harbored" terrorists belies your utter ignorance of vocabulary and reality. Try looking in a dictionary and working on the former deficiency; I don't have much hope for the latter.

By our government's deficiency in checking people coming into this country, we might as well had a banner up at the airport customs and immigration facilities that said, "Welcome terrorists." I stand by my statement that we willingly let them in (i.e.-"harbored" them), without any real background checks or other scrutiny before letting them through our border. That's a fact, Jack.

When you say that I have "utter ignorance of vocabulary," you couldn't be more wrong. I write and edit stories for a magazine that you probably read religiously every month.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Unsubstantiated Opinions

AeroBoy said:
Actually, all INS had to do was a simple background check before letting these people into our country. Am I asking for too much here??

By our government's deficiency in checking people coming into this country, we might as well had a banner up at the airport customs and immigration facilities that said, "Welcome terrorists." I stand by my statement that we willingly let them in (i.e.-"harbored" them), without any real background checks or other scrutiny before letting them through our border. That's a fact, Jack.

When you say that I have "utter ignorance of vocabulary," you couldn't be more wrong. I write and edit stories for a magazine that you probably read religiously every month.

Hmmmmmm..........hopefully, you proofread your work at the magazine. You may want to try that here before you hit that pesky 'Submit Reply' button.

AF:eek:

And I thought I was picky! :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Unsubstantiated Opinions

AeroBoy said:
I stand by my statement that we willingly let them in (i.e.-"harbored" them), without any real background checks or other scrutiny before letting them through our border. That's a fact, Jack.

I don't care if you write the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and the Zondervan edition of the Holy Bible, harbor does not mean "let them in."

You might feel self-important and all, but that doesn't change the meaning of words. Sorry, you might be used to being able to make stuff up and people believe it because you're so important, but I don't buy into that hogwash. And for your information, there is no magazine that I read religiously.

Harbor means to give shelter or refuge to, or to hold especially persistently in the mind. Afghanistan gave shelter and refuge to terrorists, KNOWING that they were terrorists. Iraq did the same.

Go twist words to some unwary, unlearned idiots - - it doesn't wash around here.

Latest resources

Back