• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst interview experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i interviewed at airnet to practice interviewing, i turned them down in the interview, and then asked how much longer untill my flight leaves for home. they did not like me after that i am thinking.

airnet is a joke in its self.

ahhhhhhahahahahahhahaaaa.....

good one!! (you said airnet)

Heyas,

I think just about everyone who interviewed at UAL in the 1990's has horrible story.

That was back when the confrontational interview was in vouge there.

All I can say is "wow". I thought maybe I was on Candid Camera (that's "Punk'd" to the iPod wearing, backpack slingin', hair gel oozing frosted flakes SJS'ers out there).

Nu

Actually a very good experience at Comair, even though I ended up turning them down. Good folks over there... but then couldn't get them to call me back once I changed my mind. That's ok, I have some other options opening up. ;) Also interviewed at Alpha Flying at MHT a while back. At the time I had 700 hours, and they wanted me to go get a bit more. (More recently they were offering my roomate's 500 hour students an interview. Funny how times change.) Very good experience with them also. Good folks there too, but I ended up declining the offer to interview again when I had 900 hours because I was leary of having a logbook full of PC-12 time (I only had about 25 multi at the time.)

-Goose

Last edited:
At a interview with a major it was all going great until I opened my mouth and verbal diarrhea came out and I could not get myself to shut up. I think I might have even cursed at the interviewer. I believe they have put my picture on the wall with the caption "Worst Interview Ever Do Not Reinterview". Does that count?

How about the worst non-interview? When I was a CFI looking to get to a regional, Mesaba was the place to be. I was calling their HR guy every so often when I'd update my stuff. The day after I call and leave a message he calls me back to offer an interview. We speak for about 10 minutes about what to bring, catching the flight, getting the hotel room, etc.

He then asks if he should mail my packet to my NY address.

NY? You mean Chicago or Dallas?

No, NY, you're *my name* right?

Yeah...

You're from NY and flew in the Air Force?

No...

So he withdrew the interview offer based on me being the wrong guy with the same name.

Just had a simple question? How do they do your employment verifications? Do they use a company to call them? Or do they do it themselves for SWA? Is it by #ss or name? what is the procedure on that? How long does this take? Just checking..I was told around 2 weeks for that, a fingerprint and drug screen. Please let me know..Anxiously waiting

COEX back in the day is still the most bizarre interview i've ever been on. Very in your face, hostile, etc. First thing they said is 'welcome to the 121 world'. Under my breath i said "all for 13,000 per year". I didn't get hired.

Eagle. Things were fine until the second one on one and the guy asked what kind of charts my current company used. Of course, after I said NOS he handed me a bunch of really poor quality photo copies of some Jepps and started asking questions. So it kind of unraveled on me from there on out and when they said that I could leave they directed me to walk to the bus stop and wait for the next bus to the terminal.

June or July in Dallas in a suit with a suitcase. No sidewalk so I'm dragging my bag through the f'ing grass about a 1/4 mile to the bus stop where I get to stand and wait in the summer sun of Texas.

To this day it was one of the least professional things I've ever seen. They sent me a letter recently out of the blue offering an interview. It's been years since my interview experience but I'm tempted to write them a letter back explaining why I would not now nor ever consider interviewing with their company.

Had I a little more experience with airlines back then I would have asked for real charts to look at during the interview. These things looked like those old blue copies they used to make when I was in the second grade.

Latest resources

Back