• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Hotels??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the Atrium in Monroe, LA? It smells like the aftermath of a frat party in the elevator (i.e., spilled drinks), and the water tastes like metal.

Josh M.

The Tuller Hotel in downtown DTW. I swear to you, the lobby was something out of a Humphrey Bogart movie...hookers in the lobby..they had to be hookers ( with pimps in close proximity ). The desk clerk was a fat guy in a filthy white shirt with an excuse for a necktie loosely arranged around his neck. And, he had one eye that was absolutely freaking HUGE that bugged out of his face...and he wouldn't speak to us.

When we got to the microscopic rooms, the sheets had holes all over them. We got "walked" to this craphole from a hotel that wasn't much better to start with. Welcome to the non-sked business...glamour you can cut with a knife.

This was circa 1969...things may have changed at the Tuller Hotel since then. But, I doubt it.

regionaltard said:
If you could say that after staying at the Holiday Inn in Fresno, CA (FAT) I'd be impressed.......

The building in the back is the best. Oh yeah...

chperplt said:
What's that crap hole in MHT that most crews stay at??

The Wayfarer?

I agree, though, La Quinta in GRK is really, really bad. I got out of bed one morning only to step right on a roach.

The Hilton STL Airport is pretty bad, too. The bus shows up and you're pushed out of the way by CHQ ground crews trying to get to their car. Only to have to stand in the back of the smelliest bus in the world. The staff is rude and so far, I'm 2 for 2 on cold showers in the morning without so much as an I'm sorry.

Last edited:
PHL Ramada Airport Inn: Straight outta the 70's and I guarantee it hasn't been cleaned since then.

Dayton Airport Inn: I hear things are better there but still overall nasty place

EWR Ramada: Don't forget your gat!

All of the above require the use of shoes and/or flip flops to prevent STDs (the bugs are soo mean they will crawl up :p ) and your feet turning the color of the carpet.

There are more but that is the short list for my company...the best of the best as they say.

I'm so proud to work at an airline that honors my contract when it comes to selecting hotels. :mad:

Skeezer

skeezer said:
PHL Ramada Airport Inn: Straight outta the 70's and I guarantee it hasn't been cleaned since then.

A-friggin'-men, dude. What a festering sore of a sharthole... but the Victoria Inn and Suites in AVP is by far and away the stickiest dukestain of a "hotel" ever. It's across from a truckstop, so a few enterprising truckers park their rigs in the holetel lot.

Nice. Gotta love the sound of a Mack growling away all night... times four or five.

The Whatevertheheck Inn in SUA (Newburgh, NY) is out of the Shining: all long hallways with about 8 flights of steps each way. It was built on the side of a hill, so the grade increases with each wing. Sweet. AND it's a dump.

Latest resources

Back