• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Worst aviation movie

Great cast, but an incredibly stupid movie:

"Flight of the Phoenix"

Jimmy Stewart and his pax crash a C-119 in the Sahara. While being attacked by Bedouin raiders and dying of dehydration, they build a whole NEW airplane out of the wreckage, and fly out with the passengers strapped to the wings. Sorry. It $ucked.

Well I do agree that Airport 75 was kinda cheesy (Erik Estrada as the FE that gets a head full of panel after impact "Julio") but the spot plane footage was rather cool. Filmed before all that model bluescreen sh*t. I was 10 when I saw Airport 79 and even then I thought it was a steaming pile of sh*t.

I do have one question though about the imfamous TOP GUN. When Maverick gets into that 2nd flat spin, was closing his eyes the right thing to do to recover? :eek:

Last edited:
cant remember the movie name, but Humphry Bogart as a post war jet test pilot for a company making a new jet fighter. him and his turmoil of getting along after the war was the main feature.

that was pretty bad. but hey there watsnt much else on at 3pm.

why is it that the bad aviation movies are on when youre sick at home? those movies and "The last starfighter" and "Tron" are always on when youre sick.

"They're in a flat spin, heading out to sea."

Huh, not likely!

As a C-5 guy, I have to say "Interceptor" was the worst one.... anyone seen that piece of cr@p?!

My favorite part was when the hijackers crawled down the INSIDE of the air refueling boom to get into the C-5.

I would have to nominate 'Iron Eagle, Iron Eagle II, Iron Eagle III, Iron Eagle IV" Yes, somehow a teenage boy with no training in the aircraft is able to not only fly the airplane like a top gun, but also manages to somehow get live ammo loaded on the plane AND fly non stop over the Atlantic ocean only to rescue his good ol' dad. :rolleyes:

Grove said:
I think it's funny whenever someone shoots a bullet through the airplane's cabin the airplane goes into an unrecoverable dive... Every time!

G

Or when there is an engine fire or something all of a sudden there is severe turbulence in that dive and the pilot/actor is holding on for dear life!

No love for Interceptor?!

Interceptor was a classic! What fantastic writing...the opening shot with the credits rolling said something like..."IT IS A GREAT AND PERFECT MACHINE..." Yeah.

If you look closely, the set used for the cockpit is identical to the one they used in Iron Eagle - at least, the first Iron Eagle.

Hmmm....

-brew3

Lest you forget, in Iron Eagle he had all that way-cool F-16 simulator time:rolleyes:

I think Firefox (Clint Eastwood) is probably the worst aviation movie I've ever seen.

Honorable mentions:

Airplane! (gotta love the 707 with radial engine noise)
Independence Day (cropduster pilot to F18)
Passenger 57 (enough said)
...any movie with an Oceanic B747

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back