Worse Commutes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tgates -

Are u talking about this american dude married to his dutch chick who lives in AMS ? I heard about him... I was considering doing the same thing (commuting to AMS from MEM or MSP) a year or so back. I ended up living in the west though with my western chick.

Must be though living in europe while working for a regional over here. (or the other way around...)

I talked to a american dude who is a wide body captain at KLM who commutes to france and the US out of AMS on his days off... And a few EVA drivers who commute from the US and Europe to Tapei... have fun living in an airplane... whatever works for them I guess/

I dont know about be the worst commute, but it has been the hardest to get to or out of.....MCO is tough if you dont have any senority or are off line.....

Sha-do-be chowdah

Sha-do-be chowdah, chowdah

(with apologies to Mick)

GO BOSOX!!!!!

Diesel said:
Yeah JTrain its beantown. Gotta love it. Roll on to the subway, avoid the homelessguys, steal a free newspaper, hear the T conductor yell obsentities into the PA system, avoid getting mugged once again, realize that Maverick if friggin scarry, avoid eye contact, avoid getting mugged, get off the train, watch some guy flip out on the Toll taker because she won't open the gate, watch the guy scream at her a call her a C&nt. Get on the T bus realize the T bus driver is nowhere around yell at the guy to get on the bus and get us to the termnial. Scream at the guy as he misses stop one B side terminal. Get off the bus and jump out of the way as the T bus tries to hit you.

Ahh commuting on the Boston T.

By the way tokens are out. They use charlie cards now. Which is even more funny to watch people scream at the toll takers because they won't take a token.

Are you from some sheltered place like central Alaska? Paranoid of all the blue line honky muggers? And why would you have to steal a paper that is free? I never witnessed as much screaming in 16 years as you do on one ride.

cmij733 said:
Atlas has a domicile in STN (London) with many that commute from the U.S. Recently Atlas expanded the STN domicle (going back to those hired in 2000) and yet actual flying out of STN is almost nonexistant. Jumpseating to and from Europe on the passenger airlines is extremely difficult in the summer time.

So if the flying is non-existant why does Atlas bring so many to STN???? Do you guys sit reserve there and deadhead to an airplane if called??

$$$4nothin said:
Mainstreet actually turns into Williamsburg Rd. That change in street names on the same road will really get you. This 7.4 mile drive is killing me. Yes I said 7.4 miles. I love liveing in base.

Sounds like you love being a dork

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back