World

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh?

The FI.com King of Self-Contradiction makes a comment! How grand!

Now quit hijacking threads for your own personal vendetta by stalking me via the forum, creep.

Boy, you must have LOTS of time on your hands!
It's so easy to get a rise out of you i don't know why I even bother.

It's so easy to get a rise out of you i don't know why I even bother.

A. You "bother" because of your desperate need for attention

B. You have NEVER gotten a rise out of me as I don't expend an ounce of stress to you. You're just funny....in a pitiful sort of way.

You're the one that always gets hot and bothered.

Ya. Right. Keep telling yourself that Shirley. You might actually convince yourself of it someday.

WOW, these are very inaccurate statements.

Maybe I did not understad you. I thought you were talking about World Holdings purchase of NAA. All I did was Google the World Holdings 2005 10Q and found the NAA purchase agreement attached. If you just google the NAA purchase by World Holdings you can see many press releases stating the $35 million purchase price.

I am not wrong about the yields concerning Hawaii and South American flying vs. AMC flying. NAA dropped most of its pre-2005 flying to pick up Alliance AMC flying. If you look at the 2006 10Qs you will see a drop in World Airways AMC flying as NAA AMC flying picks up. I would post the numbers but I have to go to work. Maybe you could google the 2005/2006 10Q's and post the AMC revenue from both airlines.

You are right that World Airways should be hiring NAA fuloughed pilots. That needs to be looked into.

As far as the Matlin IPO 10Q's, that ship has sailed. We are in our sixth year of combined operations. Global has sucked most of our support departments into Global's stable. The latest victim was NAA finance department just got moved to Global. World Airways and NAA are just shells of their former airlines. Soon they will just be two lists of pilots, FA's and dispatchers. Thats until they decide to buy/start a third airline. Or shut down one.

Bel

Last edited:
Bel
I am not wrong about the yields concerning Hawaii and South American flying vs. AMC flying

Not sure what this is but NAA has never had SA flying for AMC, maybe you are thinking about Arrow, which MP owns. I make be reading this wrong and I'm too lazy to go back. As for the support staff of NAA (i.e. building 141) the wrong people are losing their jobs. The building needs a good cleaning so a lot of us are hoping the FA, MX, dispatch and crew scheduling moves to Tampa. Most of those people in N.Y. would not make the move and that would be fine with the pilots. That make sound heartless but you need to understand the kind of people that work in building 141 to understand the statement. As for my first post of "You make me sick", I'm upset, not at World pilots but at something’s that World pilots could do for NAA pilots. When we voted Alpa on the property, DB with the airline division of IBT (World's division) signed 3 MOUs that were very pro NAA, our company is saying these are valid and have applied them to our day to day operations. You know how hard it is for a union to get anything changed and we are fighting this. However, DB at IBT needs to be held accountable for his vindictive behavior. World pilots could help; World MEC could do a lot. As for the comments on ALPA, I could care less; they suck just not as bad as IBT. As for World not hiring NAA furloughed pilots, it's just wrong. World HR is aware of furloughed NAA pilots and not one has been called. There is no justification for that.

When CMc comes to NAA for a town hall meeting, he unapologetically tells us that World comes first from a marketing stand point. His reason is World has higher overhead so instead of NAA get B777, that flying goes to the MD11. The problem with that is the AMC no longer wants the MD11, they want B777 (look at Omni), and they also want B767F and some B757F. Again, Naa is told, no you can't have any of those airframes because that would take business away from World and our ability to purchase B747F. With that information, the future for any NAA pilot is bleak. We are at the mercy of World and MP.

With the exception of a few nuggets of accurate information, this entire thread is embarrassing. Time and time again I watch with morbid curiousity the way us pilots get at each others throats over factors that are almost always beyond our control. GLAH Mgt. need only read part of this thread to realize they've got us right where they want us.

Not sure what this is but NAA has never had SA flying for AMC, maybe you are thinking about Arrow, which MP owns.

I was talking about NAA scheduled service to Guyana. Prior to World Holdings purchase of NAA, your airline was flying scheduled charters out of the Oakland base to Hawaii and New York to Guyana. AMC flying was a very small part of your flying. Ask the NAA pilots employed there prior to 2005.

When NAA was purchased the World Airways union told the NAA union that World holdings intended on switching NAA from their commercial charter business to AMC business model. The NAA union did not believe that would happen. The NAA pilots did not want to merge with World and lose out on the Oakland base flying to more senior World pilots. Also the NAA pilots did not like our work rules. I don't blame them on that one. Also in my opinion your IBT local did not want to lose your dues to our local (Assuming because we had more pilots NAA would merge to the World local). So the IBT was not going to spend money fighting another IBT group into a merger.

You should understand that in 2005-2007 World Airways pilots witnessed a reduction in AMC flying while NAA saw a huge increase. In the first year alone (2005) NAA went from somewhere around $8.0 million in AMC revenue to around $75 million in revenue. At the same time World Airways' AMC revenue dropped about $50 million. So in 2005-2007 World Airways upgrades and hiring stagnated while NAA rocketed. I don't know if you know this but prior to the purchase of NAA, World Airways had trained some check pilots on the B767. Of course that program and its potential seats went away with the NAA purchase. Not the fault of NAA pilots, but it was cheaper to purchase NAA than ramp up our own B767 operation. Your posts sound like a post from a World pilot in 2006.

I think what you are seeing today (World hiring and NAA furloughs) is the result of NAA union short sighted decision not to merge lists with World Airways pilots in 2005. It was the NAA pilots union who said no. Why do I make that strong statement? Because the NAA union stated that any merger would require a 15 year fence and would not move from that position. That is not a merger of lists. Even if the World pilots accepted NAA offer, you would still be furloughing today.

I think any leverage the NAA pilots had with the IBT went out with the vote to change to ALPA. I don't know what the World Airways IBT (different local) can do to help the NAA pilots without a merger. We can make noise to management to hire furloughed NAA pilots.

As far as World higher overhead, thats World Holdings management BS. They can charge overhead to either airlines at a rate they choose. It is also cheaper to keep the MD-11 flying AMC verses starting a B777 program at NAA. So guess what since we are one company (revenue wise), Global will go for the cheaper option untill AMC makes them change.

I think you view NAA and World Airways as separate companies. Every year that becomes less and less true. The revenue comes from Global. NAA and World have not had their own sales department for years now.

Bel

Last edited:
With the exception of a few nuggets of accurate information, this entire thread is embarrassing. Time and time again I watch with morbid curiousity the way us pilots get at each others throats over factors that are almost always beyond our control. GLAH Mgt. need only read part of this thread to realize they've got us right where they want us.

Thank you, couldn't agree more.

I wish nothing but the best for all involved in our industry. However, I have little patience with some of the "commuter gods" (you know who you are) who make it to the non-scheds and get their wide body type and become experts in all areas of aviation, airline ops, AMC Teaming arrangements, IBT, ALPA, etc.,etc. When you're sitting in your hotel room, alone, drunk, and self righteously indignant, please, feel free to STFU anytime.

Redneck Jihad and NAAPilot,

You're both right and I should have resisted the urge to respond to the initial "Im sick" statement. I sincerely wish both pilot groups all the best as we need to be united against an entity other than each other. I concede that all the answers are not known by either pilot group and never will be. If there is anything that can be done to ensure the furloughed can find a home at the other carrier then by all means it should be done. Again my assertion all along was those decisions and many like them are made well above the line pilots head. If it were left to the pilots I would like to think (maybe Naive) that we would take care of each other.

Thank you both for the wisdom and I will return to lurking.......

Bornagainpagan,
As for JJet44, I know who you are and you are not telling the whole story about your 6 month employment. Why don't you tell everyone what really happened. Don't be shy!

Feel free to tell if you really know!?!?!?

Latest resources

Back