World

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DHPFLYN

Just curious if they will be hiring anytime soon? Also if someone could add anything good or bad I would appreciate it.

Thanks

This question falls under the Good News/Bad News category. The good news is that World is hiring. We need both MD-11 and DC-10 pilots. The bad news, they are primarily hiring Gemini and ATA guys. Gemini MD-11 dudes get a short course and ATA, like Gemini, had DC-10s. But I'd certainly apply, things are unknown and they may need to hire more.
The big question is if World decides to go to passenger 747s. The MD-11 that fly’s the Houston-Africa route will be going to check in the spring and we have no other ER's (anymore) that can fly it. There is a possibility that World will put a 747 on the route. If we do then there will certainly be more hiring.

I have heard the same more hiring but unknown what the mix will be. I do know of a guy in the class that just started that is coming from a regional. I know he had to swim in the pool longer than expected while they did all the GAC guys and he finally got a call for the class that just started. Maybe that is a sign they are ready to hire off the street from other than GAC and ATA.

Good Luck withit.......

I know we are still very short on the -10. Especially on the panel. A bunch of guys in the pool still to be called for class dates.

Another problem we are having at WOA is support. We have been able to meet the manning needed for pilots with all our expansion, but the Fed's are concerned about the support we have set up under all our expansion this past year.

In other words our MX and offbase support system is lacking and the FAA is concerned about it. So I think we will see a slowing of expansion until we can get healthy again with our logistics.

Maybe we will have a couple of new hire classes in the new year but after that I would expect a 6 month freeze at least on new hiring.

Susggestion for your AvTar ...

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away ... "

TransMach

An apple a day ...

EXCELLENT theory ... I will put it into practice immediately!

TransMach

As far as I know no Gemini guys have been called for the -10. Only a bunch of current and qualified guys to man the 2 (or 3) ex Gemini MD11's.

Latest resources

Back