World Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MD11Drvr said:
As a line dog I was not privvy to that meeting where they decided who paid. I don't think so though but its a good rumor.

Yea Daley was an interesting character. The old timers talk about how you had to be fired and rehired to really work for him.

The aviation museum in OAK, where World was formerly HQ'd, has an interesting room with World exhibits and paraphernalia. I understand one of World's management pilots is involved with the museum. In any case if you're interested in learning a bit about the history of World Airways the museum located on the north field at OAK is worth visiting. It's not too far from KaiserAir.

Dave Benjamin said:
The aviation museum in OAK, where World was formerly HQ'd, has an interesting room with World exhibits and paraphernalia. I understand one of World's management pilots is involved with the museum. In any case if you're interested in learning a bit about the history of World Airways the museum located on the north field at OAK is worth visiting. It's not too far from KaiserAir.

I would love to get to visit the museum and I have heard of it. I think it is one of our Check pilots that has a few airplanes there. Our Mngt. only seems to give lip service to our history and some days they seem hell bent to kill the thier (in thier words) legacy carrier. The buying of North American and thier unwillingness to merge or bring pay and benefits up to Worlds levels for North American only proves they wish to devide and conquer. Good God I love Aviation some days. Or more accuratly I love Aviation but I hate the scumbags that seem to run airlines....................

Time for another flight.............

Wing Overheat said:
Is it true that Delta paid for that paint job because they did not like the fact that the aircraft still looked very Delta?

I agree, World has a very interesting history. Daley was right there among the crew facing bullets and granades to get that flight in and out.

I dont believe it was one of the Delta birds that got painted.

Rook said:
I heard you should check a girl's I.D. if you plan to get lucky...in an airport passageway...with restricted access...in Atlanta. (But that wasn't me)
I don't get this. A World F/A or are you just talking about some ramdom girl in ATL?

It was Delta's 803. It should have been 801. That's the plane that needs a paint job. I wonder what 802 will look like?

Latest resources

Back