World Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

machtuck

I am seeking info about World, such as pay, work sched, interview gouge, etc.. Anything would be great. Thanks

World has had 2 classes of 10 in the past 2 months. Another class of 5 will start next month.The only way to get an interview is by a recommendation from a World pilot.They're so busy right now they don't have time to go through their normal recruiting/interviewing process-they're looking to their crews to do that for them through the recommendations.So-if you're recommended, the only way you wouldn't get the job is to crash the sim,not know anything about instrument flying, or have some really blatant personality issues.

Great, I do have a pilot recomending me. I interview next month. Any idea what a/c, pay, or what to expect on the interview?
Thanks again.

I have a friend who works there. He loves it but I don't think it's my kind of job. Like many other jobs it's what you make of it. He likes being gone for extended periods so he can get a bunch of time off and go hang out somewhere like Antigua. For a single guy I think that lifestyle might be appealing. Married with kids then forget it. My friend like many of his coworkers is retired military so the compensation is not as big an issue.

first year pay could be as low as 29k if you never flew up to say mid 40s if you were working 15 days per month. second year on panel is probably in 50s where a fo on md11 is probably about 70 and can go up with any overtime. I made almost 8ok last year and am almost embarrassed how little i worked. The schedule takes a little getting used to but is pretty fun

Uh Oh, Sim Check!

The problem with you Machtuck, is you'll probably crash the sim during the interview.

Time away from home

Big Sky,

What's the average amount of time that pilots are away from home. Also, where are pilots based? Or are they flown to where the airplane is?

Thanks in advance,

tabord

time away varies, however most bidlines are set up with about 15 days away from home per month...
As for reserve, it can vary greatly...seems once they get you out on the road you often get extended..they tend to use the people who are most convenient while someone at home may never get called.
Our reserve system is pretty nice...Stay at home and have 8 hours to call back when called. In the past if I wanted to travel I would tell them I have my stuff with me so call me on my cell in Florida or where ever... never had a problem with that.
And yes we have bases (Lax and Dulles) however we are officially home based so they buy you a ticket from home to whereever.

Where do you guys fly to when you stop in ANC? I've seen quite a few of your MD's lately, in ANC.
Traffic speeding up? Where do the PAX flights come in from and continue to?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back