World Airways Pilot Job!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA-44Typed

I saw this on their web page this morning……….

Position Description:

World Airways is looking for a few good Pilots! If you meet the minimum qualifications below, send your resume to [email protected]

Required Skills:

U.S. FAA Airline Transport Pilot CertificateMust possess a current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate. Must pass FAA Mandated Drug Test.Must possess a valid Passport.Legally eligible for employment in the United States.

Required Experience:

A minimum 3000 hours of total fixed wing experience and 1,000 hours of Pilot-In-Command experience in multi-engine, transport category aircraft. Other factors may be taken into consideration when evaluating candidates.

Required Education:

Graduation from a accredited, four year college preferred

Don't knock it till you've tried it.Better than flying between Detroit and any other hell hole 6 times a day,having all the freqs memorized and doing 6 ILS's in a day.Plus the crash pad deal.Plus
that great commuter pay.Plus..oh never mind.
Best regards,
rj

PA-44Typed said:
Required Experience:

A minimum 3000 hours of total fixed wing experience and 1,000 hours of Pilot-In-Command experience in multi-engine, transport category aircraft.

This 1000 hour PIC turbine, jet, 121, and now "transport category" thing is really starting to pi$$ me off. I know of several guys out there flying big iron who have very limited PIC time, do their jobs just fine and do not qualify work there under the new PIC requirements of their own employers. Doesn't make any sense to me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
redneck jihad-

I have tried long stretches on and I don't like it. Having to do 5 on is pretty tough. I prefer 3 on / 4 off if possible. I don't mind flying a few legs if I have to. I can only imagine being gone weeks at a time. Please explain to me how you can have any type of relationship with a family/wife/girlfriend if you are on the road for 2 - 3 weeks at a time. Yeah, you may have 2 weeks off. But having to do the 2 weeks on just isn't worth it. Can you say NOMAD?

Any idea what the World pay schedule is? All I have is from before 2000. Is the gouge is accurate or is it now completely different. I have flown on World many times in the military and they always had great service. I don't mind long hauls and extended trips, got used to that in AMC. Thanks for the info.

jet

Re: Re: World Airways Pilot Job!

BigFlyr said:
This 1000 hour PIC turbine, jet, 121, and now "transport category" thing is really starting to pi$$ me off. I know of several guys out there flying big iron who have very limited PIC time, do their jobs just fine and do not qualify work there under the new PIC requirements of their own employers. Doesn't make any sense to me. :rolleyes:

supply & demand

To answer a couple of questions:
-World is not for everyone-like any other job it has pluses and minuses. With the current job market what it is, I'm willing to put up with what some would view as a "non-standard" type lifestyle in order to have a fairly decent paying job and fly a MD11 all over the world.If you've never done it you can't imagine it. Having had a non aviation career for about half my adult life, all I can say is 'it beats working for a living'
and
-http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21123

It is also one of the last true adventures left in aviation. If I weren't already very happy over here at ATA I'd jump at World. True enough, it is NOT for everyone, but cruisin' the Globe in a TriStar has been one of the coolest things I can ever imagine.

We see World crews a lot on the road over in Europe and the Middle East...we all have a lot of fun. World is going to be a long term player in worldwide widebody charter, while ATA is gradually shifting to other things, so I think World will continue to go to the truly exotic and unique places.

I have gotten used to the 11 hour legs, body clock reversals, and 12 day trips better than I could have imagined, and now I like it just fine. You see things around the planet you'll just never experience in domestic ops. But, it is certainly not for everyone.

GZ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back