Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Working for Eagle and commuting from D.R?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
How difficult would it be if hired by Eagle (interview coming up) to commute from the Dominican Republic ? Hoping to get based out of MIA?..........A Regional salary is very doable if I could live there??.......Fell in love with the place many years back and promised myself I would someday live there!!

You talking about the Dominican Republic in the Eastern Carribbean? Ugh. I have spent a lot of time flying around there. Yes, you could afford to live there but you get what you pay for.

do you really want to be commuting that much?
Cheap yes, but not worth it. You wont get MIA and fly out of SJU - its closer.

I wouldnt do it. Good luck.

There is a hefty tax placed on all people leaving the D.R. my roommate has a GF there with a kid and travels to SJU for work with eagle. He gets charged $75 everytime he leaves. Luckily he's a captain, meaning he can barely afford it.

It's %^&* awful over there. You probably stayed at one of the resorts where it's beautiful. Don't let that fool you. It's dirty, trashy, smelly, and extremely poor. Girls will be interested in you only because you have $$ and then will do anything to get pregnant (including having someone else's kid and saying that it's yours) to keep you payin' bills for them. The girls over there are crazier than rats in a tin @#$%house, cause that's where they live.

Good luck on MIA, you'll be in SJU for the better part of a year before you'll be senior enough to hold MIA. It is very senior there. An 11 year captain at eagle can't even touch a line. 3 year FO's are able to hold their last picks.

Best of luck on the interview.

You think your salary goes far in the Dominican?
You would live like a king in Haiti. Just invest in a AK 47 and some rubbers.

Latest resources

Back