Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JPB

Pilots only please

I worked at NJ for a little while and left as soon as I could like everyone else I 'm sure.
The main reason (other than feeling like a made and being paid less than any limo driver) was the safety issue.
Yes the planes are nice but that is a given in any co.
10 hours overnight is brutal and happens all the time.
14 hours duty is DANGEROUS!!! WHEN IT TAKES YOU LONGER TO PUT YOUR JEPPS BACK IN ORDER, YOU ARE DONE....hey...was it 7000? are you sure? ask him again.

Why don't you try to take a checkride (a real one) after 14 hours.

I can see this company as a stepping stone. But I flew with a lot of guys that deserve much better.

The pilots are all the same but the safety standards in any airline are much higher than NJA.

I wouldn't put my family in the hands of a pilot that has been on duty for 14 hours.

Last edited:
what about a/c that do 13+hr legs? (15+hr duty days)

would you put you family on a G550 or a GLEX?

guess not.....

typical novice Netjets whining...no wonder you guys are constantly getting your a$$es handed to you.

You guys really outta adopt an "internet silence" policy - you need it.

Last edited:
Yeah...I can't quite figure this guy out. He obviously flew heavy iron, and probably augmented international non-sched' and knows the very long duty days that are associated with that kind of flying too.

It would seem to me that his one just really wasn't cut-out to be a pilot in the first place. Maybe he'll be one of those career F/Os that are never made to upgrade and just criticize from the sidelines, the actions of every captain he flies with.

NetJets is safe because the PILOTS are safe. Sorry guy 5 years in the X and I never felt "unsafe" Considering the type of flying any fractional does its incredibly safe. Who does RNAV,NDB,LOC,VOR,CIRCLE approaches every week? Not 121 thats for sure. The experience I have gained flying the X is invaluable to me.

This thread is quite disturbing.

If NJA wasn't a safe place to work I WOULD NOT WORK HERE.

If MX wasn't done to 100 percent of my satisfaction I WOULD NOT WORK HERE.

IF I was exhausted while on the road i would call in fatigued. I WOULD NOT WORK HERE if it was a problem.

NJA would not be around if this place wasn't safe. Do you really think the pilots operate dangerously? Do you really think the company wants to operate in an unsafe manner.

If you've seen my posts here you'll see i'm not a company man but i don't like people calling what i'm doing here unsafe or that the company is going to hurt anyone.

I'm sorry G200 if you think this is typical netjets whining.

Diesel

Diesel -- thank you for speaking the truth and not being union politically correct and bashing NJA at any opportunity.

I respect you for that.

Fly safe.

Ditto what Diesel said. I've never felt more safe operating an airplane. This is the most safety conservative company on the planet. Flown for Netjets for close to 10 years, nary a scary moment, speaks volumes for the safety culture we have in place.

I appreciate that but someone saying that netjets is unsafe is bs. It might be a troll or someone with an axe to grind that's fine. Unfortunatly this is what happens when we have screen names instead of our own names.

Well i've never felt more safe at this company. I've done some interesting things in my old company and that crap just wouldn't fly at nja. The biggest thing for me to learn it was safety first here no matter what the end result.

For us charter guys that took chances to get that job done at all cost that doesn't fly here. sorry for the pun.

safety is job 1 here.

You guess right Gulfstream. Not without a relief officer.

I have seen guys that would accept anything, way past 14 hours, way past the bonus limit...

If you guys like it the way it is, good for you and good luck.

Hawkered: Your power of deduction makes you the best pilot I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing your views. I may just go back ...just for you.

Latest resources

Back