Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Work from Home flight planning/dispatch?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bomberbubba

Is there a company that has such arrangements that will allow you to work from anywhere you want to live? I think that would be a much better benefit than the non-reving the airlines have. I would much rather buy tickets and have a confirmed seat than worry about whether or not im getting on a flight. Any ideas?

Let's not open this can of worms. If you commute that is a choice you make...

Quit... move to your place of work, or commute... FAA has ruled long ago under 121 that one must be in the employ of the certificate holder and work from its designated work control center. There are many reasons of liability, Security etc...

Open seats will continue to become more and more scarce, what little remain will certainly be reserved for flight crews.. Dispatchers have all but been eliminated from the J/S as well... Better get used to it... or like I said.. quit.

Maybe a nice 135 job would suit you better. GL

Two major problems with work from home....That ole icebox with all that tasty beer.........So how's that gonna work???

The other problem is.....if you can work from home.....well now, someone other than you can do your work from say, India, China, the Phillipines...Yeah, we DON'T want work at home....next thing you know, ALL our jobs are outsourced !!! Management would just love the pay cut involved with THAT !!!!

And don't think scope will completely protect us......

How have dispatchers all but been eliminated from the jumpseat? I've heard nothing of airlines cutting us out of their agreements.

Latest resources

Back