work for Spirit or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
!!

New training center? Please tell me that they built a new one since 2008. If you are refering to the same training center in Miramar that was there in 2008, you clearly have never been to a REAL training center. The place I remember was a joke. Nice for any standards, really, where have you worked before. If infact their is a new training center since 2008, then disregard what I said above. However, if it is the same place, some perspective is needed.

Chillax dude wtf did you expect from an airline with 30 some planes? You went for the interview so you saw it before signing up.

Finally they have got a real place and looks like we are getting sims even. I have not seen it. I bet it is no star feet command but this is still a small airline. Which is a good thing. Because the only way to be a senior CA at a big airline is to be there when it was a small one.

wtf? who crapped in your Wheaties today?

I'm not sure where you learned to read, where did you go to school? But new, actually means new...and since they closed the crappy building that housed a few tables you could write on back in 2008 and moved some of the training in to a snack/break room and other training off site, I was trying to point out that yes this new training center was in fact NEW and really nice.

If you must know I have received training in the past at Flight Safety and I would say that the NEW (that is that fancy word again) training center is every bit as nice as a Flight Safety--except for the parking, it is a little far to walk in August in Florida.

Yes I can read, can you? Clearly, you missed the sentence where I said to disregard my comments if in fact their is a NEWER training center. In 2008 they called the training center in Miramar NEW. Most companies don't move from one new building to another new building within that amount of time. In 2008 Spirit was bragging about the new state of the art training center, everybody there laughed at that, therefore I questioned your statement, if you were refering to the now old center.

And, yes I did obviously go to the interview and was not very impressed, therefore, I took the job until I found something better, then I left. BTW, I thought most of the crew members there were great, I was only going after Spirit and their management. Good crews, however, I think that we can all agree that their organizational and management skills rival that of a kid's lemonade stand.

Dude, the kids at the lemonade stand...they have empty cups and a pitcher filled with lemonade. They pour it in a cup, collect a quarter and sell it for a profit.

Good crews, however, I think that we can all agree that their organizational and management skills rival that of a kid's lemonade stand.

Well...Spirit is now worth 861 million on the stock market. In comparison, U.S. Airways is worth 844 million.

Yes I can read, can you? Clearly, you missed the sentence where I said to disregard my comments if in fact their is a NEWER training center. In 2008 they called the training center in Miramar NEW. Most companies don't move from one new building to another new building within that amount of time. In 2008 Spirit was bragging about the new state of the art training center, everybody there laughed at that, therefore I questioned your statement, if you were refering to the now old center.

And, yes I did obviously go to the interview and was not very impressed, therefore, I took the job until I found something better, then I left. BTW, I thought most of the crew members there were great, I was only going after Spirit and their management. Good crews, however, I think that we can all agree that their organizational and management skills rival that of a kid's lemonade stand.

Right on...I was actually in the midst of an argument with HR and payroll at the moment so I was a little bitter, I am glad you found something better. Where did you park your bags for the time being?

I think a kid in a lemonade stand does much better than the HR department at spirit.

Well...Spirit is now worth 861 million on the stock market. In comparison, U.S. Airways is worth 844 million.

First, comparing anything to U.S. Airways is never good to begin with, haha. For those of you that were mad at what I said, lets be clear, I was not bagging on the crewmembers, only some of the knuckleheads that run the place. Hopefully they are getting better people in, and I do hope that they do well in the future. Just because I pointed out the obviously poor training center that they used to have is no reason to get bent out of shape. I did have some comparisons to look back on when I made the comments. I have trained at multiple airline training centers and 4 different flightsafety centers, I only say that as a point of reference. Looks like Spirit is going in the right direction with the new center.

Right on...I was actually in the midst of an argument with HR and payroll at the moment so I was a little bitter, I am glad you found something better. Where did you park your bags for the time being?

As far as what I am doing now, I was fortunate. I was able to get hired at a Fortune 100 flight department in the city that I live in. They treat us and pay us well, therefore, I don't plan on leaving. That is of course unless furlough #4 comes my way, however, they have never fourloughed in the 40 years that they have had a flight dept.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back