• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wondering what some of the SWA poolies are up to

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just had a Check Airman on the jumpseat that said were done with Naverus.

I might have heard him wrong. He was speaking in broken Spanglish since they are the only pilots at SWA with the skills to fly so San Salvadore even though they have never been out of the States

I know several poolies...one is flying in the Reserves and at a regional and other just took a solid DOD job at the base where he retired. Everyone is anxious to come aboard, but I don't think anyone is holding their breath.

4 Fan Trashcan,

Two years in the pool was alot of our "swim-time" back then. Seemed like we said "it could NEVER get worse than this...well we stand corrected.

Too bad we are all adicted to this thing called flying.

Cheers,
Hooch

I recommend you search for a good job and enjoy your time at home. This career field is shot to heck for the next few years. Unless your under age 30, my advice is to go find a living elsewhere. Sorry.

Age 30????? So you are saying you have to put 35+ years in to make it worth while???

I don't think so.

Hang in there poolies. There was a group of us that hung out in the pool from 02-04. My time was just over 24 months. My advice is to get a good job and don't stress or worry about when they will call. I think that they are trying to position themselves for a nice expansion, but it might not be until 2010 or 2011.

Age 30?????

Yes, current SWAPA upgrade projector shows new hires with current market conditions for growth, retirements, etc, will reach upgrade to Captain in just over 20 years. So if you are a 45 year old and in the pool, your not going to make it to Captain.

I don't make the news, I just report it. Sorry.

Yes, current SWAPA upgrade projector shows new hires with current market conditions for growth, retirements, etc, will reach upgrade to Captain in just over 20 years. So if you are a 45 year old and in the pool, your not going to make it to Captain.

I don't make the news, I just report it. Sorry.

I believe a 5-10-20 year FO could get by on what our FOs make. Is it about the 4th strip or putting food on the table?

4 Fan Trashcan,

Two years in the pool was alot of our "swim-time" back then. Seemed like we said "it could NEVER get worse than this...well we stand corrected.

Too bad we are all adicted to this thing called flying.

Cheers,
Hooch

Thanks for the info, I knew we weren't alone in a long wait. See you on the line!

Latest resources

Back