Woman wins $27.5M in suit against Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Otto Coarsen said:
Sometimes I feel like I live in France, other times Cuba.

You do. The foundation and beliefs that this country was founded upon is going away quickly!

OffHot said:
So lets see if the TSA thinks they smell booz on my breath and pull me from the line and I prove negative on their test, then this also must be worth 27.5 mil.

Um...no. You cannot sue the Federal government. Stupid, I know. I think it should be understood that if a TSA officer singles out a pilot for being intoxicated and it proves to be false, the said pilot gets to beat said TSAhole to a pulp with a Whiffle ball bat.

blzr said:
You cannot sue the Federal government. .

Source? I respectfully disagree.

Actually, you CAN sue the federales, you just have to ask nicely first.

blzr said:
Um...no. You cannot sue the Federal government. quote]

Wrong.

You can sue the Fed Govmnt...

What you are probably referring to is that the military has a broad exemption against monetary suits. This was created to prevent a greiving mother from suing the Army when they order her son over the bunker.

The Federal Goverment has to abide by the same laws as the citizans...and injuctions against federal agencies are quite common. Jose Padilla was a case against the justice department.

As far as $$$....do you remember linda trip (Monica Lewinski's buddy)? She sued the DOD for violation of the privacy act and was awarded around 400K.

As far as this woman's award...I agree it probably won't see the appeal. More than likely SWA will up its settlement offer as a result of this verdict. And while she may not recive 28 Mill...she will get a nice reward.

That will be APPEALED. What ever happened to the verdict of the dumba$$ who dumped coffee in her lap?

She better be glad she was in the Good Ole US of A instead of The Persian Islamic Republic of Iraq. She would have been dragged away by the secret police, tortured, and stoned to death.

Rogue5 said:
If anyone cares to they can feel free to racially profile me for $27.5M...

Do I hear $20M?

Anyone?

Racial profiling of a white guy cost is......hmm...........worthless!

This reminds me of the stupid woman who sued McDonald's and won $2.7 mil after burning her groin with hot coffee, and she was actually injured:

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1294

So alleged "racial profiling" should be worth ten times that?

Just goes to show you the pathetic moral direction people are taking where no one is responsible for their own actions. Hopefully they will nail this on appeal.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back