• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Woman gets kicked off DL flight after accusing CA of boozing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just look at the lady, tell her because she has accused you of drinking that there will be a lengthy delay, and walk off the jet.

Don't get your "feelings" hurt. Don't get pissed off. Just walk off the jet.

Gup

Not saying I fault the crew but, how exactly SHOULD a passenger voice safety concerns? Do we dismiss a lowly pax's concerns merely because they paid for a ticket? What if it were ice on the wings, a missing panel, damage not seen during a walk-around. Should they not speak up for fear of reprisal?

Not saying I fault the crew but, how exactly SHOULD a passenger voice safety concerns? Do we dismiss a lowly pax's concerns merely because they paid for a ticket? What if it were ice on the wings, a missing panel, damage not seen during a walk-around. Should they not speak up for fear of reprisal?

No-you don't dismiss their concerns. He addressed her concern and got tested. I think that goes for most anything someone says-I'm going to at least check it out for myself.

Ok, I think I must disagree. It sounds like the passenger did a good job about discreetly voicing her concerns. What is accomplished by kicking her off the flight? It looks more like an adolescent reaction by the captain - she is no threat.

As pilots we are trained to solve problems while maintaing composure so why the retaliation against a passenger who was doing the same thing?

Just saying it doesn't look good.

All passengers should feel free to speak up but be prepared to take the next flight.

This lady was going to take the next flight if she was right about the alcohol anyway so no bid deal, in my opinion.

I seriously doubt this article tells the full story. She was obviously loud enough to make her voice heard through media outlets, and Id say there was a decent chance she was loud enough to cause a scene and be considered disruptive.

This "poor me attitude" from the article is most likely BS...

Any crew member who has had accusatory letters written by passengers of their flight can usually attest to major discrepancies between what actually happened and what was written by the accuser.

I seriously doubt this article tells the full story. She was obviously loud enough to make her voice heard through media outlets, and Id say there was a decent chance she was loud enough to cause a scene and be considered disruptive.

This "poor me attitude" from the article is most likely BS...

Any crew member who has had accusatory letters written by passengers of their flight can usually attest to major discrepancies between what actually happened and what was written by the accuser.

Yep, there may be some truth to that!

Passengers have a right to make an accusation, but unfounded accusations also have consequences. I, too, doubt that she was discreet. Perhaps "White Plains discreet", or "Philadelphia discreet".

Sounds like they handled it right. I'm sure as the rest of the passengers figured out that her accusation was the result of the delay, it could get ugly enroute.

Latest resources

Back