• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Woman found dead on Delta flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is expensive, if pronounced dead in flight (on A/C) and not in Jetway airplane is quarantined for 48 hours! (no revenue for 2 days)

From the article no one on the aircraft pronounced her dead. Probably no one authorized to do so. What they said was that she "was found unresponsive early Monday aboard Delta Flight 53, about an hour out of Atlanta and about 11 hours after it took off."

Smells like, ...like, General Lee.

No, it smells like your seniority after the SLI is finished. POOP. You most likely will NOT like the eventual outcome via the arbitrators. But other than that, have a great day! I will.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Oh, no!! She was the courier who was bringing me the cash from that abandoned Nigerian bank account I was supposed to get, according to the last email I got.

Now I'm going to have to sell my mother-in-law's other kidney.

Unless thing have changed the only person who can pronounce a person dead is a physician.

Unless thing have changed the only person who can pronounce a person dead is a physician.
I think there is more to it than that, but I'm not sure. There are physicians on planes, but even then the person isn't dead until they're on the jetway.

I think it has to with not just having the qualifications to declare someone dead, a physician as you say, but also I think they have to have the legal jurisdiction to do so, and jurisdiction is tied to a geographic location for estate settlement purposes. They died "in the air over several states" could be a problem during probate.

Then again, maybe this is just one company's policy. After all, people die at sea and are really dead, especially when their body goes into the ocean. Do they still do that? Any lawyers out there?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back