• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN buying some A gates in DEN....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be careful, there are alot of planes that say Delta Connection on the side. They will be looking to fly bigger planes, and when push comes to shove DALPA will allow it. Dick Anderson will agree to a nice increase in pay for the Double Breasted Riverboat drivers if they release just a little more scope. Just sit back and watch how it plays out..

Meanwhile, Southwest will continue to grow slowly and fully realize the strength of the AAI purchase.

Becareful? With these profits that are triple yours how could they force anyone to give up scope? Wouldn't that have happened during the original joint contract with NWA when things weren't as good? Doesn't sound plausible except in your mind, and you do fly continuously through ELP each trip. Makes sense now. A pay increase will happen, now that you are finally correct about. Btw, did you get one or even stock during your recent merger? Tell me you got something besides AT pilots in front of you on your list....

Godspeed!

The OYSter

To WN pilot who was rubbing his not so young and and not so good looking F/A's feet at the bar right next to me and my Captain in OMA the other night(f#$@ing disgusting), while leaving a folded up 1dollar tip on his 3-2-1 deal,(with the bar tender lauging, I hope he knows you tip on the acually price and not the discount), bragging about how he won the spirt award, and saying I don't know why my Captain didn't come down to met me, thanks for giving me and my Captain something to laugh about the rest of our trip. I can't wait till Febuary.

To WN pilot who was rubbing his not so young and and not so good looking F/A's feet at the bar right next to me and my Captain in OMA the other night(f#$@ing disgusting), while leaving a folded up 1dollar tip on his 3-2-1 deal,(with the bar tender lauging, I hope he knows you tip on the acually price and not the discount), bragging about how he won the spirt award, and saying I don't know why my Captain didn't come down to met me, thanks for giving me and my Captain something to laugh about the rest of our trip. I can't wait till Febuary.

It must just be you. Last week we stayed at the same hotel as the Southwest crew and they bought our crew all of our drinks.

Then the next day the Southwest FO was helping the van driver load all the crew bags. That is the big reason I would never want to work for Southwest. I am a pilot and paid to fly only. That is why I will only go to Delta or American Airlines.

Redflyer,

So, how many were placed in front of you? Thanks Whataburger.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Quite a few below me OYS. I love how you never have a clue about what you are talking about. Good entertainment though!

We will reap quite a bit (as a collective group) when the full power of the company takes off.

As far as ELP, LBB, or MAF? I gladly go through those cities every single day flying our own passengers instead of outsourcing like your union does....especially for the rates we paid. Enjoy being number 10 for departure behind all those RJs though.

So if you go BK, you don't get a second chance? Everyone does, including your own company if it goes that way someday. And I don't remember ever hearing GK act "concerned" before. That is troublesome for someone who lead the way last decade.

And the big problem I read with the last part of your post is your omission of your new subsidiary. You seem to try to forget that your group did NOT treat them well at all, that many of their planes are leased, and you did inherit some debt there. They are now a part of you. Don't forget that. And our probation starts at the DOH, and the one year ride was actually after my 1 year was up. I did well anyway, but I didn't have that stress.

Good luck to you guys again. I hope those wounds heal on the AT side and you really can get that culture back.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I don't know why I even respond to your inane rants. I suppose it's like messing with a kid who keeps making the same face and saying the same dumb thing over and over. It's amusing in a way.

To answer your question, sure, you DO get a second chance if you go through bankruptcy. However, you DON'T then get to crow about how much better your company is doing when the reason you are there is because you skipped out on your bills and obligations. Especially when comparing to a company who never did that, and still always makes a profit. Know whut I mean, Vern?

As far as "[our] subsidiary," maybe you haven't heard: as the inherited leases expire, we're replacing them with new planes we're buying. And as to "not treating them well," that's a matter of opinion, to which you're not entitled (mainly because you never know what you're talking about). There are folks on both sides who weren't happy, and folks on both sides who were. Both sides voted it in, and we're both moving on, and working together to make SWA stronger. Don't YOU forget that. One of the main reasons SWA bought Airtran was to grow into Atlanta. You know, so we can come visit YOU, Sixer. You keep worrying about our culture, and next thing you know, our culture will be right beside you in Atlanta, taking a little bite out of your profit's backside.

Bubba

Cant wait to come to hot-lanta next month to hang out with those Delta "Professionals". OYS do us all a favor and STFU. Why do you all give him the time of day?

Yeah, don't worry OYS, I'm sure your right about everything. The folks in Atlanta will stay faithful to the "home town" airline - like they did in Dallas, Chicago, Baltimore, and Denver. Lol.... see you in Atlanta.

Latest resources

Back