Wm Alpa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dear sir,

Thank you for your grown up reply. I have no problem with OBAP and WIA.
So I really can't see why anyone would have a problem with WM ALPA ?

Good for you that you are tanned. Seems to work pretty good with the chicks ;)

All Im saying is: equal opertunities to all legal citizens. Black, Tits, No tits, white, green I don't care.

Regards,
FD

Nope corp. captain at the moment.

Folks, please provide some grown up arguments instead of BS.

Regards,
FD

Folks –

Obviously I’m not going to start such a thing as WM ALPA.

All I wanted to do is to start a PC discussion about quotas. One of my best friends (a black CFI) and I have had many, in depth, discussions on this matter.

I don’t understand why the US is the only country on the planet where there is such thing.

Here is the thing. I don’t care what you are (black/women/man/ET/ugly/green/blue or white). Everyone has 2 legs and 2 hands with 10 fingers (well, most of us at least do..)

We all work our asses of, so why do some people (women and black people in this case) get a break?

This won’t happen in Europe or Asia that’s for sure..

Sincerely,
FD

hbrow15 said:
Go for it, No problem with me. But just as an FYI, no you cant call me African, because I'm not I'm American, just my tan is natural. I'm sure there would be some in OBAP that may have a problem with your wm Alpa, just as you and your 15 confirmed members of wm alpa seem to have a problem with OBAP and WIA but not this OBAP member. Honestly I would hope none of our members would be offended, because I can hold my own in any cockpit as I'm sure most of our members can. With that said if some company wants to hire me because I'm a well tanned American I'm surely not going to say no, just as I'm sure you would not turn down a friends offer to walk your Resume' in to HR if that would get you in the door a little sooner. Good luck to you and your members.

I wish everybody had your outlook on this whole thing.

Instead of a "white mans group" I think you and your 15 members would be better off going in the direction of establishing a new union that represents all pilots (commuter, mainline, corp, fract, ect.) fairly and without its own agenda, and serves to promote Safety, the profession and the creation/growth of quality cockpit jobs. I think we have "bigger fish to fry" at this point in time than wheather/weather a female or minority got a job ahead of you or me.

Sounds good to me :)

Latest resources

Back