• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One situation where saying 'with you' to ATC is acceptable is after center tells you to 'change to my frequency xxx.xx'. "Anal Air ABC with you on xxx.xx"

Using proper frequency, altitude, speed and heading pronounciation is much more important than using a second to throw in a mild salutation such as 'with you' or 'checking in'.

You are the one trying to argue with the AIM. But I guess if all the guys at the majors do it, that makes it professional.
I can see why people shorten or substitute phrases to save time. Four point six vs four thousand six hundred is a great example. I do it too from time to time. Thats not the topic of this thread.

Continue viewing the AIM as optional and it will eventually bite you in the ass.
Sounds like you view it as optional.

The point is not whether these phrases are normal or common.
Actually that is the exact point I’m trying to make.

I wish phraseology was part of checkrides. Theres countless accidents/incidents were standard phraseology was not used.
Sounds like you’re reaching, find one accident that that was caused by someone using “with you”, or “4.6”. You can’t. There is no such accident. Quit trying to be dramatic.

The point is that all these things are written in the AIM for a reason. Safety. Take shortcuts for speed, or to "sound professional" (even though you sound completely opposite) and there will eventually be a miscommunication. With enough miscommunication you will eventually have an accident.
I can see why people shorten or substitute phrases to save time. Four point six vs four thousand six hundred is a great example. I do it too from time to time. Thats not the topic of this thread.

You’re just a big hypocrite.

I'm proud to have attended ERAU.
enough said

Everyone has flown with an a$$ clown like this guy. The funny thing is, these guys usually do more stupid sh!t themselves than laid back captains. I love it when they float down the runway 3,000 feet and then I just throw it their face about how they need to work on landing the airplane a little better!

Everyone has flown with an a$$ clown like this guy. The funny thing is, these guys usually do more stupid sh!t themselves than laid back captains. I love it when they float down the runway 3,000 feet and then I just throw it their face about how they need to work on landing the airplane a little better!

Like this guy…..

I just dont want you running into my airplane because you turned to 240 instead of climbing to FL240. Or blocked a controller for 10 seconds 3 times while you're howdying and withyaing and ahhhhhing him to death and he couldnt move someone out of the way and got a deal.
Its a big deal, and it will eventually cause an incident/accident.

Last edited:
I usually check'n on center saying: BREAK'R 23.45, BREAK'R 23.45 THIS HERE'S ABC123 YOU GOT YOUR EARS ON. WE'RE LEVEL 350, PUSH'N HARD, NEGATIVE ON THE TURBULENCE..OVER'N OUT. It always works.

Latest resources

Back