• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"..With You.."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, while we are on the subject, you corporate guys who refuse to use phonetic letter sound like total tools.
Who you talking to, you avgas burn'n, Jesse Helms-worship'b biyatch? :D

Minhberg the Corporate Tool
(Burning Kerosene, so 100LL doesn't have to.)

Rumor has it, that the Captain of that KLM 747 was making guys into teeth, hair and eyeballs, back when your mum was shaking turds out your knickers.

We have a winner!!!

How about guys that look for traffic saying, "Negative contact...searching...tally ho on the Fishfinder." ?? After that time consuming cool talk, the controller still only knows the pilot doesn't have him in sight. Maybe the controller tallies the "Fishfinder only" column. And, how do I get a Fishfinder? All I have is TCAS II, dangit.

NY airspace

Madcow said:
Quick question from a rookie:

Let's say your destination is TEB. The ATIS is Sierra. Bradley App hands you off to New York Approach.

Do you advise each subsequent sector that you have Sierra? or Just the initial New York approach sector? I can't find it in the AIM. Thanks.

I have no idea what the AIM would say too your question. Unless you fly there regulary it's hard to figure out when you are being handed over to the guy that wants that info.

But if you.....
A) don't say it at all, they will ask

B) say it for every freq, they WILL tell you to pass that along to the next
controller.

Either way, with time you will figure out what freq's they use for certain areas and when to tell them what ATIS you have!

NY controllers will very quickly point out whatever it is you are doing wrong. ;) Great guys and I love to fly in their airspace.

How about "flight 100, 4500 climbing to 15,000". How else are you going to get to 15,000 from 4500 but by climbing? Go inverted and descend? Dive through the earth and pop out the other side? Just say "4500 for 15,000". Sorry, couldn't resist.

"Wind Check"
I'll bet Captain 7 says that a lot.

"Wind Check"

Another waste of radio time unless there's some significant weather nearby. ATIS reports winds at 090@ 4 knots and a guy wants a "wind check"! I also know of guys who, simply out of habit, always ask a 2nd time if they're cleared to land. After his 3rd time doing it, I had to tell a fellow pilot to knock it off once. Scares the crap out of controllers sometimes because it makes them look at the runway in a panic thinking you're seeing something they're not. If you forgot, fine --ask away, but don't make "wind check"s and "cleared to land?" simply a dumb habit.

I heard an old Eastern pilot use to always say "What was that??!!!" during every landing flair to cover his butt.

This is getting rediculous! To make all the nitpickers on here happy maybe we shouldn't say anything on the radio and just do whatever the h3ll we want! You guys have way too much time on your hands!

Damich said:
This is getting rediculous! To make all the nitpickers on here happy maybe we shouldn't say anything on the radio and just do whatever the h3ll we want! You guys have way too much time on your hands!

NO Kidding. The only thing is, that I will now feel self conscious when I check in with center by playing a few bars of Dixie on my harmonica.

www.bdkingpress.com

The sad thing is now that when I am flying, I actually listen for phrases or words that have been deemed "annoying" by all of you.

Thanks you bastages!!!!!!!!! I think I have a mental disorder of some sorts now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back