• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

wireless

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ive had sprint here and lived in Chicago, NJ, Florida, and unfortunately cleveland. great service all over. the only place that was bad was Big Timber MT, and Piere S.D. Have a friend with AT&T and I laugh every time I try to talk to him because we get disconnected every time. Ive noticed the actual phone that you purchase can make a difference in signal strength.

Last edited:
wahoo250 said:
ive had sprint here and lived in Chicago, NJ, Florida, and unfortunately cleveland. great service all over. the only place that was bad was Big Timber MT, and Piere S.D. Have a friend with AT&T and I laugh every time I try to talk to him because we get disconnected every time. Ive noticed the actual phone that you purchase can make a difference in signal strength.

As for the Sprint, if you get there no roaming deal it will work pretty much anywhere in the US. Just make sure you have a tri-band phone! Also, Sanyo phones definately have the best reception.

If you travel internationally and you need a tri-band or quad band handset to work worldwide then GSM is right for you I would suggest T-Mobile hands down.
They have great customer support. I would suggest the moto v600 with bluetooth technology or anything Nokia.

If not, then Verizon. Although they operate on the CDMA platform as do Sprint. their customer service is top notch.

dlredline said:
AirBear,

We need to get you to JetBlue. You can sit in the cockpit and checkout the Weather Channel, download you stuff with a wireless card (at least at JFK), and save yourself $960/year.

Cool.
:D

Red

So you can see the Wx Channel in the cockpit at JB? While Riding up to JFK from FLL for the interview, I thought that would be a good idea. I guess someone already thought of it.

Still waiting for the call (or, the DHL package)

check out Cingular....tons better domestic coverage than Tmobile and the same Intl GSM coverage...overall better...

Tmobile US coverage is just awful...however thier cust service is great.

Troy208 said:
If you travel internationally and you need a tri-band or quad band handset to work worldwide then GSM is right for you I would suggest T-Mobile hands down.
They have great customer support. I would suggest the moto v600 with bluetooth technology or anything Nokia.

If not, then Verizon. Although they operate on the CDMA platform as do Sprint. their customer service is top notch.

Sprint sucks!!!!! Price is meaningless if it doesnt work...especially at your house. They brag about being 'strong' around interstates. I'm a 1/2 mile away and vary from zero to two bars, dropping or not getting calls all the time.

It took me over 9 months to convince them I had a problem. You see I couldn't have a problem b/c their chart says I'm in the middle of the dark green coverage band. Then after escalating through 3 layers of mgt. I was told that the contract does not actually guarantee that I would get service, only that they offer service. After 2 years of a 3 year contract they said I could send them $175 to get out of a service that didn't work 70% of the time (i.e. 95% at my house.) A national supe finally told me to **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** off, don't call back, and if I didn't like it to write a letter to their national headquarters, and ahh... did I mention, don't call back.

Everyone of them is terrible, the trick is finding the least terrible. (Unfortunately, there is a great deal of similarity between the cell phone industry and the airline industry.)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back