• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"winning the lotto"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This place (SWA) is a dump. Please don't apply here. I have a buddy from AMR, a buddy, from ASTAR, another buddy from ABEX and a friend from ALGT that are all applying on Wednesday. Please don't apply. I'd like them to have a better crack at it.

I love how pilots base their future on unknowns. Upgrade time??? really, that's what a person should base their decision on? Upgrade time? Can anyone out there tell me what 5, 10, or 15 years will look like? You think TWA pilots thought they would be on the street when they got hired there?

The decision to come to SWA has to be based on fact, and on history...not on unknowns. No furloughs in the last 40 years...150,000 after 5 years. My wife stays home to raise my little ones. SWA pays for most of my family's medical...15 days of a month (MINIMUM)...have fun at work...then yeah this place is like winning the lottery reguardless of when I get to the left seat. What other Airline can do that or say that?

Well said.
Upgrade thinking is regional thinking

JJ

Then tell us all why wn fo's are worried about delayed upgrades after the sli is out?

All FO's are worried about delayed upgrades. Just like junior captains are worried about reductions. We're all in this together.

Then tell us all why wn fo's are worried about delayed upgrades after the sli is out?

This one isn't- but that comment is true for all sides- so let me clarify: upgrade thinking is regional thinking- your life should and will be fantastic in the right seat. Killing your attitude whether your AT or SW over the upgrade time is seriously ********************ed up - and SWA doesn't deserve that response as well as they've treated everyone- you want to complain- go spend a few years in some of your peers shoes and gain some perspective

whether you allow yourself to know it or not- you want to be here and you don't want to let ALPA ruin it.

We had an amazing # of apps within hours of our window opening- there are thousands of your peers that would love to start here from scratch behind every one of us- so you'll excuse us if we don't think we're arrogant for knowing we have a good thing over here

Latest resources

Back