Will XO go to 7 on 7 off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LyodChristmas

Does anyone that works there have any idea if the company is ever planning on going to the 7 on 7 off schedule?

Thanks!

9 on 7 off is perfect. Why ruin a good thing?

t-bone, the XO insider expert, once answered this question. At that time there were no plans for it since it would require a larger group of pilots to accommodate a smooth crew change.

Maybe things have changed and t-bone can shed some more light on this.

FZ

No changes planned

I have not heard any talk of changing our schedule. But as we grow, I'm sure everything is open for discussion. The focus right now among the crew schedulers has been to protect our last day on rotation, to get us home within a reasonable duty day. The overlap that our current schedule provides is critical to that end.

Hey T-bone, do you guys get paid for working on days off? At what rate? any per diem during trips? just wondering if someone can make a little extra if they are willing to work a few extra days a month?

thanks

We get paid 1.5 times our day rate for working over time. Your day rate is calculated based on which schedule you are on, and what your salary is. Captains are making in excess of $700/day when working overtime, co-pilots are making in the neighborhood of $375/day. As our pilot group advances through the pay-scale, captain's overtime day rate excedes $1000/day at the top end. Overtime is almost always available, if you volunteer for it.

I average about 2 extra days per month, which adds up nicely.

No per diem, all expenses are put on a company credit card. We prefer the better QOL this affords us over the perception of increased pay.

Hi!

The last I heard, I thought everyone was going to 8/6 with home basing, more or less, for all pilots.

cliff
YIP

Thanks T-bone ....all good info....sounds like its good deal! How does one get noticed in the pile of resumes?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back