Will UPS ever hire again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILStoMinimums

Will UPS ever hire again in the near futre? When was their last new-hire class?
I can imagine their FE's getting very tired! No movement/hiring?

F/E's

There tired because they are mostly over 60 years old and the schedules suck....

My sim partner has been here 5 years and is just now going to the right seat. Even without hiring there is a little upward progression as guys leave the left seat for the F/E seat.

Only rumor but heard from a buddy that our former Chief Pilot made mention during a management meeting that he envisioned UPS hiring later in the year. His boss got out of his seat and said there would absolutely be NO hiring in 2004. The Chief Pilot is no longer Chief Pilot. They made up some BS story about him stepping aside so others could move up the management ladder.

Anyone considering interviewing for a management pilot position should consider that before accepting the position. You get no life preserver and have no protectiion from the sharks above you trying to get a bigger piece of the Brown Pie.

"Will UPS ever hire again" excellant question! I am glad to see Fedex hiring--maybe we will play follow the leader.

YES! the FE's are getting tired of the bum schedules and movement--in the wrong direction. (well below age 60)

fbt

We just found out that UPS farmed out the Dell contract to China Air flying from ANC-BNA the reason is because they don't want to hire and they don't have the airframes, your guess is as good as mine.

HIRING - - - Someday..

Until retreads (Over 60 guys downbidding back to the panel) have a reason to leave it will be a net gain of "0" for new bodies on property. The retreads are hanging around to see if they can get a reasonable retirement package. F/E's are finally getting upgrades after 3+ years and retreads are filling the holes.

We probably have enough panel seats to fill downbids occurring for the next two or three years.... Then there will be no seat for retreads to go to.

Once the contract is settled... (Not anytime soon.)... We will see movement. At that time management will commit to hiring and cease its snub on labor.

<<<HOLD THE LINE>>>

last class was September 6, 2001.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back