• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will They Hire ex-GM/Ford Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More two face BS from our elected. Makes me sick. I hope who ever voted for Obama and the rest of the clowns are happy.

As much as Ohnobama and his cronies just makes me want to puke i just cant get to upset of purchases that support americas only sustainable industry left..

Now if they cancelled the order and bought falcons or globals i would be insanely pissed.

As much as Ohnobama and his cronies just makes me want to puke i just cant get to upset of purchases that support americas only sustainable industry left..

I don't think anybody has a problem with Gulfstream selling jets to the military for a fleet modernization.

What I think we all have a problem with is after months of skewering "fat-cat CEOs" and their private jet use that the House Appropriations Committee, on their own accord, spent $132M extra taxpayer dollars during the worst recession since the Great Depression (and after deficit spending well into the TRILLIONS already this year) to buy two world-class bizjets the USAF didn't request. And that's to say nothing about the $200M for two extra C40s (BBJs) the USAF didn't request.

Also, $132M/2 is $66M...how much of a premium on a "regular" G550 is that? It seems like its about $15M per copy higher than list prices...

they are buying 3 g550 one is for the pentagon for the "africa" command

More two face BS from our elected. Makes me sick. I hope who ever voted for Obama and the rest of the clowns are happy.

It's all Obama/Dems fault.....gimme a break.

Crap like this has been going on for many...many years. Apparently just now are a few of you are waking up to that fact. Reminds me of the county idiot cop that runs 120 mph to the wreck that happened an hour ago.

The two big pushers were from GA - one a (D), one a (R). They can now put in the their re-election litature that they brought 200M in commerce to the state and saved X-number of jobs.

This press release coincidentally came out the day before yesterday and not a hint of a US taxpayer order.....

About 2,200 workers at Gulfstream Aerospace are back on the job in Savannah after a month-long furlough.

The private jet manufacturer, Savannah's larget private employer, placed the employees on unpaid leave starting June 29 in an effort to slow production as it saw customers delaying orders in hopes of waiting for the economy to improve.

Gulfstream spokesman Robert Baugniet (bone-YAY) said 1,500 workers returned on Monday after a five-week furlough. An additional 700 employees came back to work last week after being furloughed for four weeks.

Gulfstream's parent company, General Dynamics, said last week that orders for new large-cabin jets outpaced cancellations during the second quarter of 2009 — a sign that the business-jet market may be stabilizing.

http://www.ajc.com/business/furlough...or-107703.html

It's all Obama/Dems fault.....gimme a break.

Crap like this has been going on for many...many years. Apparently just now are a few of you are waking up to that fact. Reminds me of the county idiot cop that runs 120 mph to the wreck that happened an hour ago.

The two big pushers were from GA - one a (D), one a (R). They can now put in the their re-election litature that they brought 200M in commerce to the state and saved X-number of jobs.

I hope you don't work for a health care company, or whatever the next target is. :erm:

There are 22 G550's advertised on controller.com. None of these, available at a significant discount versus placing a new order, will do????????:uzi:

I'm glad that G & SAV picked up some business, however the timing is horrible. I also read that NOT replacing Marine One is going to cost over $5 billions dollars worth of R & D and cancellation expenses.

Big money got no soul.........

I would guess the $15 million above list price is for all the modifications for the secret stuff onboard.

Latest resources

Back