• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southwest will definitely not be the same after this merger. I think the animosity between these two groups will change this "new" airline for the worst, unfortunately. Everyone has different career expectations, for some its getting off reserve, others upgrading to captain slots. Then you have the people its all about the money and then there the guys that spending their time with their loved ones on the holidays is the most precious thing. Things to think about for people on both sides of the fence. For me I just hope it isn't a miserable place to work after with all this bitterness that's already building. Remember an the end we will have to share the same cockpits and the same airline.

Let us know when you wake up and have your Cheerios. It doesn't matter what the SWA Pilots will accept, anymore than it matters what AT pilots will accept. Stupid comments like yours pretty much guarantee that it will go to Arbitration, and then it doesn't matter what you or I want or "will accept".

Sheesh.

This kind of attitude will destroy this airline.

Scarry to realize that everyone on here is trusted with peoples lives. If the average Joe the plumber followed this site it would be a sure cure to Amtrack's ills.

Bus

Keep telling yourself how smart you are. My comments have nothing to do with whether or not this goes to arbitration. Is this the example of your level of intelligence?

My point, which you obviously missed, was that if your comments reflect the mindset of the pilots of SWA, it will go to arbitration for sure, because the difference in the the expectations of the two pilot groups is too vast.

The SWA pilots vote on an agreement. The AT pilots do not. Gee, who has more control?

There is no law that says we must integrate you into our seniority..
You seem to be about 20 pages behind in this discussion, perhaps you should learn more about it before wasting anymore keystrokes.

The fact that the SWA pilots vote on the ISL (Integrated Seniority List) doesn't give you more control, it just virtually guarantees it will go to arbitration (which is the opposite of control).

I hate to tell you this, Clarence Darrow, but there are a number of laws that say specifically that the two lists must be combined, as do covenants in our CBA and yours too.

That ought to bring you up to at least mid-October in this thread, Sporto.:rolleyes:

And last, relax, buddy. You're going to blow a gasket over this. It's not that important in the scheme of things, and none of will have much say or control over it.

Last edited:
Scarry to realize that everyone on here is trusted with peoples lives. If the average Joe the plumber followed this site it would be a sure cure to Amtrack's ills.

Bus

They would probably be alarmed in equal parts by both the ideas and the spelling.

Here is my suggestion / prediction on the SLI. All AT First Officers be stapled with AT longevity pay. The Captains get 1 year SWA seniority for every 2 year of AT seniority and will be payprotected with AT longevity pay at their new position. I would guess about 100 AT Captains will stay Captains and the rest be spread amongst SWA First Officers. About 700 SWA First Officers would upgrade.

Latest resources

Back