• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess it wont be DOH and it wont be relative sen either. Something in between the 2. My rationale leads me to believe there is a high probability that there may be some SWA guys very upset. I can't imagine an arbitrator ruling less than DOH.

My guess it wont be DOH and it wont be relative sen either. Something in between the 2. My rationale leads me to believe there is a high probability that there may be some SWA guys very upset. I can't imagine an arbitrator ruling less than DOH.

I can imagine an arbitrator ruling less than DOH. Much less in some circumstances. Our union realizes that none of their 5800 pilots will accept anything less. And will effectively communicate that to the AT MEC who will then work to minimize seniority adjustments their members will be required to accept because of the SWA pilots hard earned success with the industry leading contract (extremely better to AT's) that AT pilots will naturally acquire to have the opportunity to experience securing their financial future in ways there was little to no possibility of earning on their own.

We are not the only SWA union with these differences. The flight attendants, dispatchers and mechanics are rumbling these same sentiments.

I really hope the teams are more reasonable than this outrageous flamebaiting or AWA/USAir here we come ... even worse ... SWA/Muse.

Amazing isn't it? Everyone seems to ignore the history. The Muse Air scenario will happen all over again if our two groups don't act rational. It doesn't need to go down like that. I hope it doesn't. Everyone needs to relax and let this work it self out.

Wood,

You quoted DAL's argument. The arbitrator considered the pay issue and largely ignored it. How did the pay issue affect the decision Papa ? Hmmmmm ? Post it hear so we can read it.

The dispatcher decision is not relevant. It was ignored.

Nobody is going to take your upgrade from you. You're embarrassing yourself.

Dicko,

I am basically done going back and forth with you. Obviously, cogent arguments that pertain to relevancy in these proceedings (and in general) are lost on you. So be it. But since you obviously haven't been paying attention to my posts, just lashing out when you see my avatar, let me just let you in on a little secret - it would take a time machine to take my upgrade away from me. I imagine a favorable arbitration decision is all it would require to take yours from you. Good luck with that. See ya on the other side.

PW

PS What I quoted from the DAL/NWA was footnote 20, which was the arbitration panel's thoughts on the pay disparity which was one of Delta's arguments. And, yes, it was one of the factors that they considered in rendering the final list. That's what "appropriate to consider" means, since you obviously need it spelled out for you.

Last edited:
Timeout:

Lots of people here that are taking themselves far too seriously. All that had been established here over and over again is that:

1. The Airtran guys feel like relative seniority is the only fair and equitable solution. They are sure that is what they will be awarded in arbitration.

2. The SWA guys feel that relative seniority would be a windfall for the Airtran guys given the age and contractual differances between the companys.

3. The Airtran guys don't feel that the contractual gains will be a factor in the arbitration and the SWA guys disagree.

Reality check:

Nothing is going to be solved on this forum. No one is going to change anyones mind.

This thing will get resolved and there is a good chance it will be in arbitration. There are 100s of ways that an arbitrator could look at this and for anyone who is not an attorney that specializes in airline RLA airline seniority list mergers in a post Bond McCaskill environment to predict an outcome is just silly.

That being said whatever the outcome of the SLI is the worst thing we can do long term for our collective carriers is to have this thing turn out like USAir/AWA. Soon we will all have to live in the same house and it will be far better if we choose to get along.

Ghetto

Just when the thread was becomming civil.

I can imagine an arbitrator ruling less than DOH. Much less in some circumstances. Our union realizes that none of their 5800 pilots will accept anything less.

Let us know when you wake up and have your Cheerios. It doesn't matter what the SWA Pilots will accept, anymore than it matters what AT pilots will accept. Stupid comments like yours pretty much guarantee that it will go to Arbitration, and then it doesn't matter what you or I want or "will accept".

Sheesh.

I can imagine an arbitrator ruling less than DOH. Much less in some circumstances. Our union realizes that none of their 5800 pilots will accept anything less. And will effectively communicate that to the AT MEC who will then work to minimize seniority adjustments their members will be required to accept because of the SWA pilots hard earned success with the industry leading contract (extremely better to AT's) that AT pilots will naturally acquire to have the opportunity to experience securing their financial future in ways there was little to no possibility of earning on their own.

We are not the only SWA union with these differences. The flight attendants, dispatchers and mechanics are rumbling these same sentiments.

I love the arrogance. It reminds me of United pilots in the early 90's.

Amazing isn't it? Everyone seems to ignore the history. The Muse Air scenario will happen all over again if our two groups don't act rational. It doesn't need to go down like that. I hope it doesn't. Everyone needs to relax and let this work it self out.[/QUOTE

Pound Sand, and try going by the law JackWagon!

I love the arrogance. It reminds me of United pilots in the early 90's.
Is speaking the truth arrogant? Your welcome by the way. Your contract is at regional levels.

Let us know when you wake up and have your Cheerios. It doesn't matter what the SWA Pilots will accept, anymore than it matters what AT pilots will accept. Stupid comments like yours pretty much guarantee that it will go to Arbitration, and then it doesn't matter what you or I want or "will accept".
Keep telling yourself how smart you are. My comments have nothing to do with whether or not this goes to arbitration. Is this the example of your level of intelligence?

You will be finding out soon enough that you didn't wake up one day with a 100% gain in pay and benefits without any sacrifice. You certainly don't have your head in the sand, its all the way up your arse.

The SWA pilots vote on an agreement. The AT pilots do not. Gee, who has more control? I know this is hard to understand, even with your Mensa level of intelligence, but you have been bought. You will be owned. Ultimately you have no control. There is no law that says we must integrate you into our seniority. The company would just like to do that.

Good luck. And it sounds like your union folks are going to be much more reasonable than you.

Latest resources

Back