• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a reality check--- all the contention here is not representative of average WN pilot-
I truly hope it is not representative of AT either -

This is good for both if neither side gets greedy.

Remember that-

I agree with you.

There is absolutely nothing on our internal boards that shows any form of hostility to SWAPA members or SWA. All of us have friends there and I think that the two pilot groups have more in common than any other.

Like your group our pilots are very protective of our own. We may quietly massacre each other in union business but we react strongly to any perceived 'jail shower play' from an outside group. Dysfunctional ... Yes. Weirdly loyal ..... Absolutely.

Thankfully, SWAPA's and ATN's MC appear to be far better educated and reality based. That's what we pay them for.

We don't want to steal anything from you. We want to add something if we can.

Cheers. Happy Friday :)

Everyone is yelling but no one is listening. Can anyone answer the question that I asked a long time ago?

If "fair and equitable" can only mean relative seniority why wasn't "relative seniority" specified in the B/M legislation?

It doesn't say that. What is fair and equitable is relative to each different situation.

What would the Frontier guys say about that

Funny, you mention staple and Frontier guys.....guess what Frontiers openers were with the Republic? They wanted all Republic guys stapled to the bottom of their list.
HA HA HA HA!!!

Funny, you mention staple and Frontier guys.....guess what Frontiers openers were with the Republic? They wanted all Republic guys stapled to the bottom of their list.
HA HA HA HA!!!
Why you laughing that is what you guys tried didn't work then won't work now. Relative seniority is fair. AT guys give up there upgrade and you win additional growth with our opportunities.

Why you laughing that is what you guys tried didn't work then won't work now. Relative seniority is fair. AT guys give up there upgrade and you win additional growth with our opportunities.

LOL...relative seniority is about as fair as a staple. There is no way your '93 hires are gonna be anywhere near our '74 hire, or even our '84 hires. Maybe if you start basing your expectations on some sort of reality, like DoH adjusted for the reality of this individual situation, we might take you serious. But when you say "relative seniority", we and our MC are gonna just tune you out. Just like you would if we use the word "staple". Just my 2 cents.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

Everyone is yelling but no one is listening. Can anyone answer the question that I asked a long time ago?

If "fair and equitable" can only mean relative seniority why wasn't "relative seniority" specified in the B/M legislation?

"Fair and equitable" does not mean relative seniority, no matter what anyone here or anywhere else says. As you said, if they had meant every merging of two unionized groups would be done according to relative seniority, they would have specified that in the law. What they did say is that each individual situation is unique, so the standard of "fair and equitable" was a broad based definition that could be adjusted to fit the totality of the situation. As to where that will take us here, who knows? But I would bet dollars to donuts that it will be neither relative seniority nor a staple.

Fraternally,
PapaWoody

Anyone who thinks pay isn't an issue in arbitration is uninformed. CAL is holding up the process in their merger because they are trying to gain an advantage in the SLI by demanding higher pay in the JCBA for their widebodies to offset the UAL widebody rates. AAI has the same attorney as CAL and I'm sure that is why all the talk of a JCBA. The Swapa contract doesn't allow for a reopener in an acquisition. No JCBA will occur. Swapa will address their contract issues with SWA and ALPA will not be party to those talks.

Play nice and enjoy the party you just got invited to. History has shown that rowdy guests promptly get kicked out of the SWA party.

Latest resources

Back