• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I respect and thank you for showing your true colors and for giving an honest answer.

You will be doing your fellow pilots a service by being quiet.

And I really don't feel all your pilots should be stapled. Just you.

I know thats not possible but you will find yourself being an island in this work group. Have fun.

After 20+ pages, none of the SWA pilots on this thread has really explained why they feel so put out by relative seniority.

What Ty really meant to say was that after 20+ pages of being told why SWA pilots are put out by the though of relative seniority, he still refuses to believe that SWA pilots will be put out by relative seniority.

Of course, the same could be said for SWAdude and staple, staple, staple. But that seems to be the joy of forums--the humor of the most vocal opinions.

Last edited:
I hope everybody feels better now that you got all the insults off your chests. I would love to know what you guys hope to accomplish by this useless exchange of personal opinions. I have mentioned this before, but why not let your merger committee know how you feel and they may actually put your ideas to good use, instead of insulting the people you will have to work with and hopefully (still be able to) have a beer with.

Everybody has different expectations, all dependent on seniority and seat position. You will never convince another guy in your own airline that your way is better than his, so why even try with the other airline.
Let the negotiators do their job and whatever they don't get done, an arbitrator will finish. There is no reason to waste your time here with insults... .
I am still offering to buy the first beer, no matter where I end up.

You will be doing your fellow pilots a service by being quiet.

And I really don't feel all your pilots should be stapled. Just you.

I know thats not possible but you will find yourself being an island in this work group. Have fun.

I don't back down from a bullies and neither do my coworkers. You can try and play nice and laugh every once in awhile and continue with a constructive debate on this issue or you can continue with your arrogant attitude and reap what you sow. All I know is that my blood pressure is normal and I'm guessing your AME would tell you to come back next week when you calm down.

Like I said, their wish list just keeps growing and growing.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH relitive seniority BLAH BLAH I see no windfall here BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH we have 500 million in the bank BLAH BLAH BLAH I know I'm getting a raise but I want to stay in my seat BLAH BLAH BLAH I want to stay in my base BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH if a 10 year SWA FO is put ahead of our 4 year Captains, thats not fair BLAH BLAH BLAH.....BAWL BAWL BAWL.

I don't back down from a bullies and neither do my coworkers. You can try and play nice and laugh every once in awhile and continue with a constructive debate on this issue or you can continue with your arrogant attitude and reap what you sow. All I know is that my blood pressure is normal and I'm guessing your AME would tell you to come back next week when you calm down.

You really are a clueless little man.

Good luck.

You guys on both sides should be ashamed. You are both acting like spoiled children. This is no way to behave or to work through these issues. You are so busy throwing stones that you have forgotten how to treat each other. Lets start this over with a bit of basic respect. If we both try to treat others better than perhaps some constructive conversation can take place. Treat others better than yourself. That being said I will start this discussion. I believe that ant pilot at SWA with a seniority date prior to the beginning of AirTran should be untouched at the top of the list. I believe this is 848 pilots?

Like I said, their wish list just keeps growing and growing.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH relitive seniority BLAH BLAH I see no windfall here BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH we have 500 million in the bank BLAH BLAH BLAH I know I'm getting a raise but I want to stay in my seat BLAH BLAH BLAH I want to stay in my base BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH if a 10 year SWA FO is put ahead of our 4 year Captains, thats not fair BLAH BLAH BLAH.....BAWL BAWL BAWL.

I think our wish list has pretty much stayed the same. It appears that you guys have a hard time just saying you want to staple us. Again, it's cool, not saying I would agree but I would respect your honesty and your point of view,

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back