• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After 20+ pages, none of the SWA pilots on this thread has really explained why they feel so put out by relative seniority.

Ty,

Let's say, by the biggest imagination we can come up with, you get relative seniorty.

Say all of your "senior" dogs bid to our most junior base. You just TOOK seniority from guys that have been here 20 years longer than you.

That's a windfall.

All your "new" senior dogs bid the best vacation that I could have held last year.

That's a windfall.

All your "new" senior dogs bid the best lines that I could have held last year.

That's a windfall.

Training preferences.

Windfall.

Gup

Everyone needs to calm down. It will all be fine once the SWAPA pilots accept that the AAI pilots will be awarded at least the first 1700 spots on the new senioity list.

Gup don't fall for the bait. We will be lucky if we have jobs when this is all over. The arbitrator may in fact award them more than the top 1700 spots if we are not careful.

Last edited:
What have you sacrificed and fought for?, your ANR Headsets, 123 at the hotel, no hats? You have no idea what those words mean
If this is the attitude that represents the pilots of Airtran, this will be a US/AWA type of relationship.

You just unified 5700 SWA pilots. Lets see what this will get you.

I have changed my mind fro DOH to staple. They don't appreciate us anyways.

Ty,

Let's say, by the biggest imagination we can come up with, you get relative seniorty.

Say all of your "senior" dogs bid to our most junior base. You just TOOK seniority from guys that have been here 20 years longer than you.

That's a windfall.

All your "new" senior dogs bid the best vacation that I could have held last year.

That's a windfall.

All your "new" senior dogs bid the best lines that I could have held last year.

That's a windfall.

Training preferences.

Windfall.

Gup

Have you guys run the numbers with the seniority lists, "IF" they were merged as you say? 1700 folded into 5800 with the majority probably staying in ATL, just curious how it would look? Your senior guys would probably still get Kwanzaa off.

Serious question how many Capt and F/Os are there in each of the AAI bases?

If this is the attitude that represents the pilots of Airtran, this will be a US/AWA type of relationship.

You just unified 5700 SWA pilots. Lets see what this will get you.

I have changed my mind fro DOH to staple. They don't appreciate us anyways.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to allow your patronizing and condescending attitude to go unchecked; and I'm not going to be lectured by you about fighting and sacrifice and how we should be kissing your tush. I prefer to work with you for a fair solution to both sides but if you continue with your arrogant attitude towards us don't be surprised when you get some resistance.

p.s. you should calm down when you type, less typos

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to allow your patronizing and condescending attitude to go unchecked; and I'm not going to be lectured by you about fighting and sacrifice and how we should be kissing your tush. I prefer to work with you for a fair solution to both sides but if you continue with your arrogant attitude towards us don't be surprised when you get some resistance.

Patronizing and condescending........unbelievable. What do you call all we have fought for and earned was 1-2-3 and noise canceling headsets?

p.s. you should calm down when you type, less typos

Unfortunately for you, typos will be your best argument. You have nothing else.

STAPLE, STAPLE, STAPLE. You deserve nothing more.

Latest resources

Back