Will SKW slow down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboyzz1

Thinking about making a move from Eagle to SKW. Have only been here a few months so the lateral move won't be too tough. I have heard that there are no more upgrade or new hire classes this year. Is this just a typical holiday slow down or are things not going to be fast at SKW anymore. I don't care if upgrade is less than a year but I don't want to jump ship if I'm going to be at the end of the hiring boom.

You will still upgrade quicker at at SKYW. Still lots of guys moving on. Depends where you live I am not one for commuting. But we have never not had some type of a growth plan.

Typically November/December/January they stop running upgrades, so thats nothing unusual. If you are asking for a prediction about an airline's future, you might as well buy a lotto ticket. You will have a better chance of getting the right numbers than getting a good prediction.

It depends who's going to need to be whipsawed the most. If it's SKYW then ASA will start growing, if it's ASA then SKYW will continue to get the growth. ASA has been stagnate except for attrition because we were in contract negotiations. Depending on whether or not the ASA TA is passed and the SKYW pilots vote for representation will weigh heavily on both company's future growth.:confused:

Regardless of what happens at SKYW for ALPA and a/c deliveries, I would say its a very very good chance of upgrading at SKYW far befor upgrading at AE.

Just remember, good times are just around the corner at Eagle...at least that's what they kept telling me before I left.

Things are/have slowed down a bit st SKYW. As of right now, we aren't scheduled to take delivery of any new airplanes although that may change if Midwest decides to expand our involvement with them. Along with that, we're losing about 20 pilots a month due to attrition, but that may be about the same at Eagle.

My crystal ball in in the shop right now, but I would venture to guess that you'd upgrade sooner here...

Some of the upgrade classes were cancelled because of the EMB 120 aircraft dissappearing come January

Latest resources

Back