• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Republic Survive?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First off, don't count BB out. He is a pretty smart guy.

Secondly, I don't see Southwest expanding very much in MKE. They already have the Chicago market locked up. Wouldn't they just be pulling market share from themselves??

MKE pulls from ORD, not as far south as MDW. Its an attempt to get WI passengers that used to drive to ORD.

I think all the legacies will dump the Republic feed as soon as legally possible, then you can come back and see how it will work out for them.

RF

If they take delivery of the C-Series they will do more than survive, they will dominate.

Why? you ask:

Well they are getting the maintenance rights to the GTF for 15 years. That will be a huge revenue stream to float them in their lean times. If Boeing or Airbus add that engine to their airframes even more so. It will be worth billions.

If they take delivery of the C-Series they will do more than survive, they will dominate.

Why? you ask:

Well they are getting the maintenance rights to the GTF for 15 years. That will be a huge revenue stream to float them in their lean times. If Boeing or Airbus add that engine to their airframes even more so. It will be worth billions.

What color is the sky on your planet?

The time I spent at RJET et. al., was the only time in my 16 years of commercial flying that I did not doubt the ability of the guy at the helm.

Has he bitten off a giant chunk of gristle? Yep.

Do I think that the guy is smart enough to make it work (even with the anchor of religion around his neck)? Yep.

He believes in the company, he has a legion of people who believe in the company (bash them if you will, cynical bastards, but they like where they work and that is what pisses you off the most)

I have lost more making bets on this f'n industry to make any more, but I would not count them out.

rum....

Why? you ask:

What does this mean exactly? If Delta puts GTF engines on the 320, is Delta not allowed to perform maintenance on these engines? Would all maintenance work on these engines have to be contracted to Republic? I guess I'm not sure what maintenance rights are since every airline has to do maintenance.

Why? you ask:

What exactly does that mean?

Airlines that signup for the power by the hour contacts will most likely fall under this provision…just a guess.

Latest resources

Back