• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Obama help or hurt Fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look at Sarah Palin. She is a woman and is easily the most qualified person on either ticket.

Wow. I'm speechless. I know the post I quoted this from is seven days old, but if you believed this then (and especially now after this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg), you should have your ATP stripped and be subject to psychological evaluation by the FAA.

Exactamundo. Which is why The Messiah is a LIAR when he says he's only going to raise taxes on those making more than $250,000
Yep...

Everyone over $102K is getting a tax increase because of removing the FICA cap.

Would be a $4200 increase for me this year....

So I vote for Obama he takes $4200 from me ... and he gives it to People in the 40% who do not pay ANY taxes in a tax credit. A tax cut for people who do not pay taxes.

You know I was going to vote for Bob Barr ... But I am starting to look at McCain a little now.

Obama and Biden should dress up in green tights and sing "We're men, we're men in tights" and dance through Sherwood Forest.

I pay $4200 more under Obama than McCain per year.

This is due to Obama raising the cap on Social Security taxes. So if you make more than $102K ... this calculator does not include the extra SS taxes you will pay.... Which will be another 3 to 6 K per year for the average NJ captain.

Eehhhmmm, that has already taken effect. The max social security tax for 2008 is $102,000. Expect it to rise indefinately. The last tax cut I would expect in any administration is a cut in payroll taxes. Hell, even Reagan increased those!

Now it rises with inflation. Tomorrow it rises to infinity.

And Obama gives MY $4200... to people in a Tax rebate ... who do not pay Federal income taxes at all!

I would love to ask Mr Obama about this in a Town Hall meeting with Senator McCain. Why should I give my money to people who don't pay taxes?

I can't see voting for that.

Last edited:
Absolutely!! McCain will prevail!

You're dreaming, amigo. The debate was the last nail in the coffin.

People were only looking to be reassured that Obummer isn't a totally empty suit (even though I think he is) and at least looks the part. The answers were unimportant. He looked the part and will move enough wavering democrats off the fence to carry the right states.

Because of his HUGE support in the urban centers, Obama will carry the popular vote by a much wider margin than the electoral college but he will win, nonetheless.

Gunfyter, I was going to vote for Bob Barr as well and I may go back to him now since I think Obama is a lock. I also live in a "toss-up" swing state.

Every once in a while, the country needs to be reminded how ruinous high taxes AND high spending can be to the economy. We've had one without the other for the last 8 years of a RINO president and it has brought us to the brink. Add high taxes, and we'll go right off the cliff. Then, maybe in four years we'll figure it out and elect a tax-cutting, BUDGET-CUTTING, personal freedom loving, constitutionalist president AND congress and make some fundamental reform.

Wow. I'm speechless. I know the post I quoted this from is seven days old, but if you believed this then (and especially now after this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg), you should have your ATP stripped and be subject to psychological evaluation by the FAA.

Ok that link didn't work, but here is a good one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PwQdzpMdEI&feature=related

Look guys, this woman is so far out of her depth that it isn't funny anymore. If we put her one heart beat away from the Presidency (consider McCain's age), we do so at our peril.

I would submit that many of us on the forum are union pilots and as such our own personal self interests are closely tied to our unions abilities to represent us effectively. An analysis of McCain's record, when focused specifically on his opinions with regard to unions reflects that he has been adversarial to us. Those of us who have flown him also know that he has never displayed any love for pilots. I ask that each of you consider that a vote for this man is a vote for an anti-union agenda...

Pilots are caught between a rock and a hard spot on this issue. Especially for those in private aviation and to a slightly lessor extent those in the airline industry, our jobs depend on the spending that wealthy people do. If they decide they don't need that corperate jet or that first class ticket, then there will be less jobs. If a company needs to reduce cost because taxes and government regulations have placed a burden on the bottom line, maybe the travel budget gets cut. Without jobs, unions have no reason to exist. There is no doubt that McCain has a record that would be considered anti-union. The question that needs to be asked is whether a uniion actually creates any jobs. I think the relationship that NJ and NJ pilots have is one to be envied. With that relationship, why would you care what McCain's position is on unions?

And Obama gives MY $4200... to people in a Tax rebate ... who do not pay Federal income taxes at all!

How about this: all the Republicans' money goes to pay for the war your boy got us into, and all the Democrats' money goes to the entitlements that they got us into.

Your $4200 can go exclusively to repay the cost of one half of one second of the war.

Feel better now? ;)

Latest resources

Back