Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Netjets get the newly updated C680?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Is Netjets getting any of the newly revamped Sovereigns or have the orders been fulfilled? I know Netjets upgraded the XL with the XLS a few years back.

Buddy sent me a picture of the newly-upgrade flight deck and it looks pretty nice:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cess...11807/L/&sid=99839e494ac3e83aa20464cd7cb0bb72

Perhaps they could just upgrade the flightdecks on the airframes if not ordering new birds....

Although I don't trust much of what comes from management's mouths, they have claimed that the Latitude would replace all the Sovereigns and Hawked 800s and 900s. I'm not sure how capable the Latitude will be compared to the 680, I just know it has a bigger cross section and doesn't fly as far.

Is Netjets getting any of the newly revamped Sovereigns or have the orders been fulfilled? I know Netjets upgraded the XL with the XLS a few years back.

Buddy sent me a picture of the newly-upgrade flight deck and it looks pretty nice:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cess...11807/L/&sid=99839e494ac3e83aa20464cd7cb0bb72

Perhaps they could just upgrade the flightdecks on the airframes if not ordering new birds....

Nope. CE680s will be gone as Latitudes arrive (speculation).

And why would NJ purchase the same plane with new innovative technology when they can keep an older version with Honeywell instruments that used to attempt to lawn-dart you if you bump the barber-pole, or an FMS the erases or adds waypoints for fun, or an autopilot you have to babysit because it might do something screwy, or the fact that each time Honeywell updates it's system to fix its last errors and glitches, new ones are created.

And why would NJ purchase the same plane with new innovative technology when they can keep an older version with Honeywell instruments that used to attempt to lawn-dart you if you bump the barber-pole, or an FMS the erases or adds waypoints for fun, or an autopilot you have to babysit because it might do something screwy, or the fact that each time Honeywell updates it's system to fix its last errors and glitches, new ones are created.

Yikes!!!! I guess that helps you fight boredom during those longer flights in the Sovereign.

I am not impressed with Honeywell avionics - my super archaic Primus 1000 was terrible when it was introduced a decade+ ago and the newer stuff doesn't impress me either.

I am a Collins fan these days. Would love to fly that ProLine Fusion you find in the Globals, G280 and the new C-Series. And I hear the PL 21 is easy to use.

That's Honey-Not-So-Well to you....;)

Latest resources

Back