Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Netjets get the newly updated C680?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a shame that a few inept people at Honeywell can screw up so bad that Cessna dumps the whole package. Most who have flown the Sovereign know what it takes to fix it but Honeywell is too dumb to listen to the pilots. It ain't rocket science.

Yikes!!!! I guess that helps you fight boredom during those longer flights in the Sovereign.

The Excel's FMS does it too (assuming it's the same thing as the Sovereign's issue). If you load a departure and an arrival into the FMS, and they both include a heading to be flown, then you better hope ATC doesn't change runways on you. Because if you then change the runway, it dumps virtually the entire flight plan. Not all of it, of course -- just everything after the last waypoint on the SID. So when you get back to the first page of the flight plan, everything looks fine at first glance.

Hopefully you catch it, and then you get to tell ATC to "hang on" while you're trying to reload the entire route. They aren't amused, and neither am I. :mad: The only real way to prevent it is to hold off loading the arrival until you're in the air.

If this is the kind of stuff they sell to the military, I'm surprised their executives haven't been shot for treason.

It's a shame that a few inept people at Honeywell can screw up so bad that Cessna dumps the whole package. Most who have flown the Sovereign know what it takes to fix it but Honeywell is too dumb to listen to the pilots. It ain't rocket science.

Been flying the 680 for almost 4 years now. It DEFINITELY has some issues. Phase 5.2 fixed some and created more. Overall the airplane is much better than it used to be. Hey, at least it pitches up now when you bump the barber pole!!! :D

Latest resources

Back