will net jets change bases policy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLYLOW22 said:
I predict that the DOMS will increase in number. Pilot hiring will be sucking air again soon enough. Eventually the system, as it is, will backfire on NJA in the form of inability to grow as desired due to lack of qualified meat in the seat willing to relocate.

I like to call the phenomenon "self correction".

If you are correct, it will be interesting to see what happens if a new domicile is offered. Will those hired prior to the opening be eligable to switch to that domicile on a seniority basis? Or can they open it only to new hires?

As of the 2/27/06 list NJA has hired 142 new pilots. At that rate they are on track for 852 pilots sitting at home waiting for training!:) I'm sure they will stop well short of that number! I would guess there are at least 300-400 pilots out there willing to use the 5 domiciles this year.

I agree with Torch. I think there will be plenty of people willing to work at the 5 Domiciles.

The Option for many people is to work at a regional instead... with less choice... and corporate isn't going to let you live anywhere.

Another option is CS but currently they hire far fewer pilots each yr.

But are the people that are willing to do it, the caliber of pilots that they want? Those are very low wages for such expensive cities (3 of the 5). True. You don't have to actually live there, but commuting isn't cheap and it can get old. Without a training contract there will be nothing to stop pilots from deciding that it isn't working out as easily as they thought. It still looks like an experiment to me and, personally, I hope it fails.

This just in from aviationinterviews.com:

About 2 weeks before the interview they told me that only West Palm Beach and Columbus were going to be available as domiciles which was a huge bummer. They indicated that NJA was no longer going to allow the new hires to pick the domicile and we would be assigned them. Not sure what happened, but when I got the call about 2 weeks after the interview they offered me the G200 and said I could pick any of the domiciles... go figure.

Could it be they heard too much negative feedback from pilots like yourself that considered their plan (to assign a domicile) a huge bummer? It looks that way, doesn't it? Regardless...it pays to speak up! I hope things continue working in your favor, G2B. Good luck with your training!
NJW

NJW - Thanks. The Lear is a fun a/c. Would be nice to hear from others who have recently got job offers to see what bases they were offered. Keep up the good cause!!

baja.

Hi!

U could always try USA Jet if the NJA basing thing doesn't work for you. The way the present rules are at NJA and USA Jet, USA Jet works tons better for me.

PM me if U want info.

CLiff
YIP

atpcliff said:
Hi!

U could always try USA Jet if the NJA basing thing doesn't work for you. The way the present rules are at NJA and USA Jet, USA Jet works tons better for me.

PM me if U want info.

CLiff
YIP

Are you comparing working for USA jet to NJA??? Yikes! Two different worlds, I would move to TEB before I flew for USA jet....

Hi!

Yes. For me USA Jet is possible, and NetJets in impossible.

However, if NetJets went to home basing, then NetJets would be better for me than USA Jet.

Prior to the pay increase for NetJets, I think USAJet would've been better for most pilots. Now, I think NetJets would be better-it all depends, however.

Some guys don't want to fly PAX, which is a reason not to go to NetJets.

I don't care who/what I fly. As long as it's a decent job w/ fair pay with a location that works for me.

Cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back