• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

will net jets change bases policy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I first did the internet app., NJA didn't have domiciles. However, by the time I got to the interview, the contract had been ratified. I'll make the 6 1/2 hour drive for now. Should be doable with 7/7. I hate to have to leave after NJA spent so much $ on my training.

closing LAX eh

Well if there thinking about closing LAX, Im gonna haf'ta tell bubba Jeb Bush to open up a whole new Disney World jus for the new inflex of pilots!!

If you come to nja. Be ready to live in one of the 5, FOREVER. Was said in recurrent(RTS) that there may be 7 one day,but that is all.

And to set the record straight,they are offering all the 5 still. They offer certain ones for certain interviews. People that indicate which one they want are getting those interview dates..

We know it suxs but we told them(MGMT) that it would not work. So why should we give up something(MONEY<INSURANCE,401K.) for something that is going to fail.

Sorry GUYS/GALS it is what it is.

xpdriver said:
If you come to nja. Be ready to live in one of the 5, FOREVER. Was said in recurrent(RTS) that there may be 7 one day,but that is all.

And to set the record straight,they are offering all the 5 still. They offer certain ones for certain interviews. People that indicate which one they want are getting those interview dates..

We know it suxs but we told them(MGMT) that it would not work. So why should we give up something(MONEY<INSURANCE,401K.) for something that is going to fail.

Sorry GUYS/GALS it is what it is.

I'm confused (as usual). If you say this policy will not work, and we won't negotiate for a policy doomed to fail, then why do you say be prepared to be with this domicile system forever? Are you saying that NJA will continue the above regardless of the fiscal/financial consequences? Apparently NJA had determined that it will work and NJA will profit from a domicile based system, otherwise it wouldn't exist.

D91, you read my mind! That was rather an inconsistency, wasn't it? :p
I think it's more apt to say that this is a "wait and see" situation. If they're going to play flavor of the month with domiciles, I'd advise those interested in a particular choice to call up and ask which month it will be offered. Do they even know that? So RTS put a positive spin on the Domicile Debacle in front of the pilots. That was to be expected; I'm sure they did the same with their failed experiments from the past, as well. None of us know Santulli's devotion to the brain-child left behind by Boisture. Word is that Santulli isn't too impressed by everything that BB did. Yes they are hiring pilots, but qualified applicants have also posted here telling us the domicile debacle is the reason they're not going to NJ. Did y'all read that bit (one sentence with huge impact potential) in the contract that says seniority rights govern domicile assignments? There better be a method in their madness that takes that into consideration or things could get very sticky. This is definitely one to watch. NJW

d91papa said:
Apparently NJA had determined that it will work and NJA will profit from a domicile based system, otherwise it wouldn't exist.
If they are so confident about the domicile system, why haven't they implemented it for NJI? They told us the 7/7 sched would never work. Low and behold they open a 7/7 sched for NJI. They tell us that HBAs cost an arm and a leg, yet NJI has had HBAs from the beginning.

NJA Capt said:
If they are so confident about the domicile system, why haven't they implemented it for NJI? They told us the 7/7 sched would never work. Low and behold they open a 7/7 sched for NJI. They tell us that HBAs cost an arm and a leg, yet NJI has had HBAs from the beginning.
BINGO!

Heyas,

Just out of curiosity, would living in FLL and being based in PBI be doable with NJ callout rules?

Nu

Yes. You can live where you like and just show at the appointed time, which varies.

NJA Capt said:

It makes perfect sense. We, as a group, are willing to sacrifice getting ALL the benefits you guys get in exchange for other benefits, like allowing all our employees to live where they want to. I don't get overtime pay like you do, but I do get to pack up and move anywhere I want to tomorrow; to me (and everyone else I've met in my 3 yrs here), that's priceless.

Is the domicile system fiscally sound? Maybe, maybe not. But The Man isn't going to give you everything you want to his detriment; he'll give you something with one hand and take something else with the other. He gave you the big raises you wanted...awesome! But he took away your choice of a home...ces't la vie! In the end, he always wins; that's why he's The Man. We should be grateful, 'cause when he wins, we win.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back