Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Jetblue, Spirit or Virgin America Bid for Frontier?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why is that unfortunate. We are going where the $$ is. And as far as cxld flights. The name of the game...during an IROP...is to recover to 100% the next day. So, whats wrong with what we're doing now. If we don't cxl a handful each time...then you run into even LONGER EDCTs and waiting for gates in JFK. We cxl so many because we have two big bases in close proximity in one of the worst wx/atc delay arenas.

Actually headfake I have no idea why i wrote " Unfortunately"

I am actually really excited about our committment to go into new international markets which we are making money on..

Take a look at the route map for frontier.. We are fools not to buy them for the price......

Besides engines we have full compatability from tv's right down to culture..

http://www.frontierairlines.com/frontier/flight-info/route-map.do

why is that unfortunate. We are going where the $$ is. And as far as cxld flights. The name of the game...during an IROP...is to recover to 100% the next day. So, whats wrong with what we're doing now. If we don't cxl a handful each time...then you run into even LONGER EDCTs and waiting for gates in JFK. We cxl so many because we have two big bases in close proximity in one of the worst wx/atc delay arenas.
I think we've gone way too far in the cancellation direction, and we do it repeatedly in the short-haul to JFK markets where a business traveller might actually try to use our product!

Unfortunately until we get some interlining and another freakin hub other than JFK I'm going to continue to hear customers tell me they love our product but we just don't run a reliable airline.

clickboom:

I feel the same way about our southbound progression. But I'm surprised that we haven't jumped on this with Frontier. You know the boys in Forrest Hills have looked into it...

It may hurt us to aquire them...it hurt even more if SWA does.

What is the real lessor of two evils here.

The former CFO of Jetblue is the CFO at Frontier.

Frontier uses the Jetblue Live T.V. product of which Jetblue gets some $$ from every Frontier passenger who uses it.

Per the Q2 financial release, Jetblue is cancelling the 3 320 deliveries in 2010, and building cash for "any potential assests that come on the market".

Dave Barger wants to do on the west coast what B6 has done on the east coast in regards to "going south". In other words, he wants to go big out of LAX.

I've heard some interesting things from some of B6's mangagement folks on my plane since this Frontier/SWA thing was announced.

All I can say is it's going to get interesting. Enjoy the show.

We will see by close of business today. I do believe that it will come down the Republic and Southwest though.

Today is the deadline for non binding offers only. Binding offers have until the tenth. FWIW.

Latest resources

Back