• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will delta repaint its -80's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably, since they just replaced the leases for $200,000 less per month each. I think they will stick around for another 5 years. I think they will repaint the MD88s and MD90s, sure, the new paint scheme uses less paint and takes less time than the last one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Probably, since they just replaced the leases for $200,000 less per month each. I think they will stick around for another 5 years. I think they will repaint the MD88s and MD90s, sure, the new paint scheme uses less paint and takes less time than the last one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah but will it be a "cycle through" repainting, only when its due to be repainted anyway, or will they all be slated for repainting ASAP regardless?

A new paint job?
New FA uniforms?

Wasn't Delta bankrupt a few months ago?

People don't see livery on Expedia and Orbitz. Who cares? Besides, how much lipstick can you put on a pig?

A new paint job?
New FA uniforms?

Wasn't Delta bankrupt a few months ago?

People don't see livery on Expedia and Orbitz. Who cares? Besides, how much lipstick can you put on a pig?

Sounds like a question your lady friend has the answer to!

Airplanes have to be repainted every few years anyways... this isn't a "pull all the planes in to be painted NOW" type thing. They will be painted in the new scheme only as they need repainting.

Just went through JFK on Delta for the first time in years, and holy sheeiat, that place is a refugee camp. Gate 15 was the cheezy rj gate that had to be 100 degrees, with some gate agent yelling into a microphone every 2 minutes in some form of spanglish about the lastest delay or boarding announcement.
Being delayed for a few hours I left to find food and get away from that incredible smell embedded in the carpet. Surprisingly the overpriced terminal food was quite tasty and fresh, but where did all the birds come from...seems like a health dept violation.
Once the plane arrived we all got to walk down a completely dark jetway and into a rainshower while walking to the aircraft. I told the gate agent the jetbridge was dark and could be dangerous, her response was " ya, its been like that all day, i dunno whats wrong with it."

classy operation

Latest resources

Back