• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Comair's 700/900's go Senior or Junior

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The sooner you leave the better for everyone.
So nice of you to say considering you know nothing about me. I won't pass judgment on you in the same manner.

The only people not entitled are non- DUES PAYERS!!!
That is completely what I meant and agree with. Every line pilot that pays their 1.95%, should be included in the claim.

So nice of you to say considering you know nothing about me. I won't pass judgment on you in the same manner.

That is completely what I meant and agree with. Every line pilot that pays their 1.95%, should be included in the claim.

I think you're alluding to the CP's? In which case they pay a reduced rate of about 1.75%. They should be included and certainly fly the line MORE than the MEC!!!!
If not then to whom are you referring?

Just curious if what your thoughts are on how the group will bid the next few times around.

I think it will depend a bit on where the planes are based. The company has said they are still determining where the planes will fly and I could see them basing some of them up in JFK.

The 90 will be operated interchangeably with the 70 by our pilots...right? Or will it be a separate pilot group like the 50 versus the 70?

I'm guessing, since three and four year (and to a lesser extent second year) FOs will be unwilling to take a 12 month seat lock to go to the 70, it will go very junior.

If you take the seat lock, does that not allow you to upgrade? If so, that is a horrible provision, especially since all the airplanes are of the same type.

I think it will depend a bit on where the planes are based. The company has said they are still determining where the planes will fly and I could see them basing some of them up in JFK.

The 90 will be operated interchangeably with the 70 by our pilots...right? Or will it be a separate pilot group like the 50 versus the 70?

70/90 will be a common fleet. Minimal differences. At the announcement, Whitehurst said the 90 would better serve customers in CVG. Frankly I'm surprised they don't ship the lot of them to JFK, but seems like they're headed for CVG...

If you take the seat lock, does that not allow you to upgrade? If so, that is a horrible provision, especially since all the airplanes are of the same type.

I believe that to be the case. It's actually an equipment freeze, which means you would not be able to upgrade back to the 50. I think you could upgrade to 70 captain, but I'm certainly no expert on that part of the contract.

At Comair the 50 and 70 are operated as separate fleets. Everyone is trained in the 50 then given differences training in the 70, as appropriate. Once you are on the 70 you cannot go back to the 50 (even if Delta gives half the fleet to Skywest:confused:) or you will incur a 36 month freeze. Now that I look at it the contract is quite vague. I'm actually not sure if you could upgrade on an equipment freeze.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back