• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Ameriflight get Cash For Colts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im pretty sure you are talking abou this one. It was in Yreka. Someone "decorated" it in full AMF splendor and as rumor has it, someone in Yreka(one of the couriers perhaps) emailed a picture of it to BUR and VERY shortly after it was replaced with a brand new Ford Focus.

americolt.jpg

LMAO Are those bungee cords holding the hood on?

My favorite was the Colt in Jackson Hole with the bald tires. Nothing like slip-sliding your way to the crew apartment Mr. Toad's Wild Ride-style in the morning snow, half asleep, with 4x4 trucks and SUV's threatening to use your little jalopy as a speed bump.

:pimp::D

Hey ESF,
I have had the life enriching experience of driving all 3 vehicles you have mentioned and had the most fun in Jackson. I was driving that same Colt in Jackson, the car had trouble accelerating and I suspected some problem on the way into town. On the way back to the airport I hit the hill by the Elk Refuge and the car struggled up it loosing speed, at the top of the hill the speed kept dropping and eventually the bicyclist that I passed passed me back up. So I pulled over and pushed the car to the nearest pull out and hitched to the airport.

Eventually that was replaced with an Ameri-focus, but I think they brought back the tires from the Colt you described. One winter day with the viz near zero driving with my hazards on, I passed two 4x4s off the side of the road and one accident in town. Later that month the car got stuck in my driveway that ended up in a service failure, the tires were replaced soon after that.

No one mentioned having to spray into the carburator to start the Rexburg Focus.

Still all better than waiting for a shuttle. This is where the ex-AMFers come to hang out.

Yup, just hangin out ...

TransMach

Latest resources

Back