Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will airlines hire with a 1st class but special issuance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

Will airlines hire (when they start again) with special issuance medical?

Sleep Apnea?

Or just answer the question.....Geez
lol

Some pilots at the majors have apnea. They talk about a machine that they carry to the overnights.

I don't have a correct or official answer, just giving my opinion:

As far as I am aware, if you have a 1st Class Medical, regardless of special issuance, you would be qualified. Basically, as long as you can perform the dutys and functions that would be required of you.

The FAA feels you are ok to operate as PIC of a turbojet aircraft during 121 operations (based on the fact that you have been issued a 1st Class Medical). I would think that an airline not hiring you based on your "condition" would violate that equal-opportunity disclaimer that everyone has on their job applications.

JMHO, YMMV.

Some pilots at the majors have apnea. They talk about a machine that they carry to the overnights.

I would imagine it is common with age. That was the answer I was looking for. I'm not sure why they wouldn't hire someone with it.

Thanks

I don't have a correct or official answer, just giving my opinion:

As far as I am aware, if you have a 1st Class Medical, regardless of special issuance, you would be qualified. Basically, as long as you can perform the dutys and functions that would be required of you.

The FAA feels you are ok to operate as PIC of a turbojet aircraft during 121 operations (based on the fact that you have been issued a 1st Class Medical). I would think that an airline not hiring you based on your "condition" would violate that equal-opportunity disclaimer that everyone has on their job applications.

JMHO, YMMV.

When was the last time someone told you the real reason you were not hired??? hummmmm!

Latest resources

Back