Will a regional look at me ??? advice needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vavso

I have an associates degree with my commercial multi engine IFR and the following times :
900 tt, 12 ME over 150 night pic, over 500 x/c,3 hours actual , over 40 hours simulated instrument in flight and 25 on a PCATD ( instrument)
Getting multi time is next to impossible . What suggestions would you have for me . Thanks all vavso

Vavso said:
I have an associates degree with my commercial multi engine IFR and the following times :
900 tt, 12 ME over 150 night pic, over 500 x/c,3 hours actual , over 40 hours simulated instrument in flight and 25 on a PCATD ( instrument)
Getting multi time is next to impossible . What suggestions would you have for me . Thanks all vavso

Probably not. You need more multi-time...in the neighborhood of 50 hours. Suggest the following - Get your MEI. You can do this without getting the CFI or CFII first, however the checkride has a tendency to be tougher depending on FSDO. Suggest ATP or similar multi-engine focused program. They then may be willing to hire you as an instructor.

Vavso said:

No one will look at you with 12 ME. I dont know if you are an instructor, but if you are, get your MEI and instruct. Or you could buy a block of time, but you will find getting a regional job with 12ME even more impossible then building your ME to 50-100.

www.centralairsouthwest.com.

THey will hire you at 1200 hours. If you need just a little multi, you can fly rightseat anytime.

There is a little more info but I am sure you can read. Its a good program. I flew captain over there for about 7 months. Good and safe A/C.

Vavso said:

Remember, the most important thing you need is a pulse. They will check that. Its a must have. So long as you've got one and you can work for all the peanuts you can stuff in your cheeks you are good to go!

Just don't pay for training or fly for G0 jets and you'll be fine!

Beg, borrow, and steal for multi time...even PFT if you want to. Everything else looks alright for some regionals...more total time is needed for others. Just remember, all the regionals are the same when all things are considered. Yes, the fine points of each differ but when you stand back and evaluate them, they all are basically the same. Apply to everyone and try not to let all the negativity on this site get you down. Good Luck!

Thanks all

I appreciate your advice Now I will start looking for some multi time Regards Vavso

Sawmill said:
Beg, borrow, and steal for multi time...even PFT if you want to. Everything else looks alright for some regionals...more total time is needed for others. Just remember, all the regionals are the same when all things are considered. Yes, the fine points of each differ but when you stand back and evaluate them, they all are basically the same. Apply to everyone and try not to let all the negativity on this site get you down. Good Luck!

WOW - Do as much as possible to stay out of debt for this industry. Work hard at a REAL job until you can afford to do this without a LOT OF DEBT. You will be paying it off for a decade if you don't. I could not survive if I had a bunch of debt to pay down for the last two years getting furloughed and starting at the bottom again. For crying out loud... BE CAREFUL!

Pitch a tent at the Great Lakes GO in Cheyeene, WY. If you still have a pulse after 5 days without proper food or sleep, you'll be considered halfway done with your interview.

Latest resources

Back