• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propjockey

Supreme Commander
Heard the following two days ago at work:

1. If ALPA is voted in, up to 1/2 of the flying for United will go away due to the perception of "higher cost."

2. ATL base is closing.

3. All of the the 900s may be going away to be replaced by Q-400s -- note that the new aircraft announcement merely said "76-seat aircraft," not CR9 or E175.

Discussion?

I believe them all!

I also heard a rumor that a Volkswagen Bug has much more head room then the Ferrari Testarossa. However another rumor was that also your chances of getting Head while in the Ferrari went up over a million percent over that of the VW Bug!

I heard that JA likes the pull twist then tug method.

My favorite 2:
1. Vote in ALPA and the secret un-announced SWA feed opportunity will go away.
2. Vote down ALPA and interview opportunities at SWA will go away from SkyWest pilots due to their secret un-announced pro-union hiring policies.

Guys, if these rumors are causing you to even consider voting one way or another, please, for your safety, take a step back from the computer, take a deep breath and recognize that the life's-blood of this industry is B.S. Believe it when you see it, and even then, be skeptical.

I also heard a rumor that a Volkswagen Bug has much more head room then the Ferrari Testarossa. However another rumor was that also your chances of getting Head while in the Ferrari went up over a million percent over that of the VW Bug!

It does! I had to put a sunroof in my Tess so my head would fit.

And even if UAL wanted to pull half your routes who would take them? No one else has the staffing to do so.

Skywest will not see any flying "go away due to the perception of 'higher cost'." That is just not the way business works. And in any case, JA will not allow a false perception take any flying away.

If 1/2 the United flying were to go away, they would have to give it a unionized carrier since SkyWest is the only carrier of size that is dumb enough to fly around without a legal contract. (Unless of course someone started a new one) That has to be the dumbest rumor I've heard in a long time. That one must have been started by someone who is afraid ALPA might actually pass and will do anything to prevent it. The ATL base closing could be a possibility.

Latest resources

Back